• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

textured overlaminate, exterior-grade?

MikePro

shopping for options to add a textured overlaminate to 3M DiNOC Wood Grain vinyl, or printed wood-pattern version of, to incorporate into some Monument/Wayfinding signage for upcoming shopping complex project.
Needs to be long-term exterior-grade, edges will be capped in aluminum framwork so edge-curl should not be an issue.

I have a sample of Seal's PrintShield 10mil Polycarbonate overlam, which looks awesome but I am finding it hard to obtain a supplier as well as information regarding exterior durability.

anyone have any suggestions for what else I may look-into?

Ditchmiester

Call Piedmont Plastics. They sell a textured Polycarbonate that is capped with 2 microns of Acrylic to make outdoor life 7 years I believe. comes in 5,7, and 10 mil also.

MikePro

thanks guys!
i guess yellowing wouldn't be that big of an issue as well, as it is a woodgrain print :)

piedmont plastics is definitely a good referral, they've taken good care of me in the past.

the graphics co

I think seal and gbc are together now? you might be able to buy direct from gbc in pleasant prairie. worth a shot at least.

Tuff Cover

May I suggest Tuff Cover?

This product is superior to polycarbonate in UV durability, chemical resistance including cleaning agents, and push button actuations for control panels. We ran a 9.5 year UV test in the Arizona desert (New River) - Pic of the text panels below. Pricing is around $1.49 sq. ft. Tuff Cover is an 8 mil textured laminate.

attachment.php

Doug Goodloe
Product Manager
Graphic Marking Systems
800-232-8018

Attachments

• tuff-cover_Panels9yrs.jpg
    tuff-cover_Panels9yrs.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 94