Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The cure for cheap Real Estate Agents

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by Vandal Guard USA, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Vandal Guard USA

Vandal Guard USA New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Have you ever had a real estate agent cry over the price of a sign? "$50.00 for an 18" x 24" .040 aluminum real estate sign? But, I see them online for $15.00!"...

We had a customer call us and rave about how they have been able to upsell real estate agents with Vandal Guard Anti-Graffiti (Dry Erase) Laminate. In the cases where they couldn't upsell, it at least helped them differentiate from their competitor and/or justify their price. Vandal Guard is aggressively priced (only $0.25 cents more sq/ft than calendared lam) allowing the average sign shop to actually afford keeping it in stock and consistently offer to customers.

Visit our website to see a video of Vandal Guard in action and request a FREE SAMPLE sales kit to demo for customers: www.VandalGuardUSA.com

2. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Nice Idea thanks!

3. elsignshop

elsignshop Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Douglas, Ga
    just ordered a sample kit.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    but now the mustaches and horns I draw on all their photos will just wipe right off!!

On a side note, does anyone know why agents feel the need to put their photos on their signs? I can see the attractive one, but I don't want to look at some 400 pound bald guy.

5. slappy

slappy Very Active Member

May 31, 2005
    Earth
    what do you have for auctioneers:help

6. Locals Find!

Locals Find! Very Active Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Myers
    Not to be a :threadbut, I can answer this one. Its for Recognition purposes. I encourage agents to do it so they will be easily recognizable when they are out and about town. You would be amazed how many agents I have had tell me they were able to sell a home because, someone recognized them at the grocery store and walked up to them interested in selling or buying.

7. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    :ROFLMAO:

I think it's supposed to make it personal or something. I've actually had a few realtors ask me why everyone has their pic on their cards.

One time I was doing a BC for a fat agent while she was watching and she wanted me to skew her pic to make her look thinner - I finally did after scaling it proportionately a few different times and acting like I didn't understand. :Big Laugh

8. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    They paid a lota money to get all spruced up that day to look nice for the photo shoot and they are hypnotized that by doing this, they will come across as being sincere and helping.

Little do 90% of them know.... it makes the place much more unsaleable by seeing their ugly fachas all over the place. Why do you think used car salesman don't do it ?? Samating.

We just did 55 of these for a girl. I don't think it helps. We very seldom make 'SOLD' signs for her............. :rolleyes:

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Yah, I agree! Why do real estate agents bicker about price so much. They want to pay like 20 bucks for a sign they'll put in front of a million dollar house that they get 3% on! Oh, and they want it to last 10 years.

10. cartoad

cartoad Active Member

Apr 11, 2006

11. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Hey Vandal Guard, How about not posting these prices out here. It makes us shops that charge twice the upper amount that you are throwing out there look bad to anyone that googles a real estate sign.

12. showcase 66

showcase 66 Very Active Member

Sep 23, 2010
    You still have to be a member here to see the Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc. area on the forum.

13. Techman

Techman Major Contributor

Jun 24, 2003
    michigan
    you are not goona beat real estate agents on the prices for printed supplies.

The trend is...

They get a load of their printed supplies for FREE from the title companies. Instead of commissions the title co's are providing printed materials for the agents as an incentive.

14. Salmoneye

Oct 22, 2009
    They have gotten stricter here and are limiting what title companies can legally give, it seems to be not much more than a few free pens.

15. Salmoneye

Oct 22, 2009
    I am also glad to hear it about the pricing. Price quote away! We have not had much vandalism to signage except for a bunch of bus benches that were plastered with some church lady, everyone put horns and a tail on her. This lam would be a good promo for a client of ours, we could put a big picture of him on the wall next to his customer line and people could mustache him up with a dry erase marker while waiting in line.