• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the dreaded beeping

gabagoo

My Edge le loves to do the beeping thing, now about once every month or so. I know to put it on the side and basically push on the boards to make sure they are in and fiddle with different connections. Sometimes I seem to find it on the first try and sometimes it can take 3 or 4 tries. The symptom is that the head does not do the raising move when first turned on and just sits. I am not sure where the connection for the head movement is...does anybody know? I would like to permanently fix this if I only knew just what the problem was.

scott pagan

the main ribbon cable bundle that runs along the hinge. i think there are 2 connections on both ends of the cable to unseat/reseat (been a long time since i looked at). have to take the top cover and side plate to access them.

gabagoo

the main ribbon cable bundle that runs along the hinge. i think there are 2 connections on both ends of the cable to unseat/reseat (been a long time since i looked at). have to take the top cover and side plate to access them.

I have looked at that ribbon and it looks permanently creased , like it came that way. I will tinker with it and see what happens... ty

Jburns

So are you having NO beeps on power up, or several /different than normal beeps?

I have some notes what to check if there are no beeps.

gabagoo

I get the continual beeping.... I open the left side and I basically push and prod every connection i can see and then flip it over and start it up again. I f I hear the beeping I go back in and try again.... This morning as I turned it on to push out a rush job, I turned it on and thought to myself, please don't start up with me and it turned on and the head moved up and down and then ...beep beep beep bee bee bebebebebebebepp started.
Flipped it over only this time I did not unhook the power, just turned it off. I opened the side and pushed on one thing at a time and then turned the power on to see....well the first thing I touched seem to do the trick and it did feel a little loose. Posting a pic of the culprit and maybe if someone can tell me what this is and does and more importantly how does it fit together...I was to afraid to try and force it to see how it connected. It is the orange and white piece...

Attachments

• the culprit.JPG
    the culprit.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 123

netsol

sorry for the very late reply. that is a molex plug. my guess would be that there is a bad solder connection on the printed circuit board. this would be fixed by getting someone to resolder the connectors (i would do them all if i took the board out of the machine)

you can take the board to a tv repair shop or someone with soldering experience in your area. the boatd should be cleaned. with 91% alcohol or flux remover. after soldering.

the
problem is rarely the wire end of the connector.

pm me if you like, we can discuss further

gabagoo

sorry for the very late reply. that is a molex plug. my guess would be that there is a bad solder connection on the printed circuit board. this would be fixed by getting someone to resolder the connectors (i would do them all if i took the board out of the machine)

you can take the board to a tv repair shop or someone with soldering experience in your area. the boatd should be cleaned. with 91% alcohol or flux remover. after soldering.

the
problem is rarely the wire end of the connector.

pm me if you like, we can discuss further

oddly enough, since discovering this was the culprit and making sure it was snug, the beeping has stopped since I posted this....thank you