• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The ideal first server for small business?

njshorts

That's a celeron with 1 gb ram and no operating system.

Take an old p4 system (or pick one up for 50 bucks), slap in a new hard drive and your performance numbers are similar.

what are you looking to accomplish?

phototec

what are you looking to accomplish?

Well, don't know anything about servers, except that if you use one is a small business scenario, you keep all the data on one system for ease of back-up etc.

I have an office with a design work station, and the printer is located in another part of the building, with my older printer connected to the printer. I was thinking it would be better to incorporate a server between the printer and the design work station?

:help

njshorts

for what you're doing, that's just an added cost... with one machine, use a usb drive for backup. alternate 2 of em, every friday- take one home with you... you could look into online backup as well (i suggest the first, not a fan of online backup)