Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question The Illustrator graphic file is damaged

Discussion in 'Adobe' started by debonair, Jun 13, 2018.

1. debonair

debonair New Member

Jun 12, 2018
    USA
    Please tell me some good tool to restore the file adobe illustrator, the fact that the other day one of the graphics files gave an error that is damaged or may offer something else as help?
    Please help me as some files are important

2. myront

myront CorelDRAW is best

Dec 3, 2015
    Niceville, FL
    Have you tried placing the file? If you have Corel you could try importing it.

3. Oroscoe

Oroscoe Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Alabama
    Not sure it can be opened. We have had this issue from time to time and searched for an answer for years.

4. VanderJ

VanderJ Take two Dampers and Call me in the Morning

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The best solution is prevention. You should have at least 1 backup of every file on your computer and probably more such as a cloud solution. That way if something gets damaged you can just restore it from your backup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TravinFlavin

TravinFlavin Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Calgary
    Try opening a new file then File>Place the damaged file into the new file. I've recovered many this way of its not too far gone.

6. blackkkkfish

blackkkkfish New Member

May 10, 2018
    USA, Dallas
    Work Recovery

Step 1

Launch Adobe Illustrator. Click “File” and select "Open” from the context menu.

Step 2

Choose the file you want to recover in the file-navigation dialog. Highlight the file but do not open it.

Step 3

Press “Ctrl-Alt-Shift” on a Windows PC, or press the Command-Option-Shift” keys simultaneously on a Mac.

Step 4

Click “Open” while holding down the keys. A blank window will open. Close this window.

Step 5

Navigate to the directory containing your file with the work you want to recover. Open it and look for a copy of the original filename preceded by an underscore (“_”) character. This is your recovered file ready for editing.

or you can try to use recover Illustrator online