• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question The Illustrator graphic file is damaged

debonair

Please tell me some good tool to restore the file adobe illustrator, the fact that the other day one of the graphics files gave an error that is damaged or may offer something else as help?
Please help me as some files are important

Oroscoe

Not sure it can be opened. We have had this issue from time to time and searched for an answer for years.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The best solution is prevention. You should have at least 1 backup of every file on your computer and probably more such as a cloud solution. That way if something gets damaged you can just restore it from your backup.

TravinFlavin

Try opening a new file then File>Place the damaged file into the new file. I've recovered many this way of its not too far gone.

blackkkkfish

Please tell me some good tool to restore the file adobe illustrator, the fact that the other day one of the graphics files gave an error that is damaged or may offer something else as help?
Please help me as some files are important
Work Recovery

Step 1

Launch Adobe Illustrator. Click “File” and select "Open” from the context menu.

Step 2

Choose the file you want to recover in the file-navigation dialog. Highlight the file but do not open it.

Step 3

Press “Ctrl-Alt-Shift” on a Windows PC, or press the Command-Option-Shift” keys simultaneously on a Mac.

Step 4

Click “Open” while holding down the keys. A blank window will open. Close this window.

Step 5

Navigate to the directory containing your file with the work you want to recover. Open it and look for a copy of the original filename preceded by an underscore (“_”) character. This is your recovered file ready for editing.

or you can try to use recover Illustrator online