• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The "Mad Scientist" is at it again...lol

reelguitars

I was lucky enough to do a little horse trading recently and ended up with a Graphtec FC5100-130 plotter with the contour cut option (I love this thing). It came in a road case as the company that owned it shipped it all over the country. It did not come with a stand (if you know of one for sale, please contact me). I had absolutely no use for the road case and I didn't have any luck selling it so I started figuring out what I could do with it and voila!!! A screen storage rack! Had to remove the lid because it wouldn't be deep enough but that's not a problem for me. I may end up remaking the top deep enough so that I will have a light tight box but that's another project. Anyway, here are a couple of pics of the box and I also had to stretch some mesh for a project that was coming up fast, so I modified my old stretcher that was made from a retired bass cabinet that I used while playing in my band. I did another version on a table with some ratchet straps. Both work just fine for what I'm doing. For those of you who have a real stretcher, I'm happy for you. For those of us who have to do things on the fly and on a budget, be happy for us. Everyone should be happy! I'll be glad to answer any questions...please keep flames to yourself, it's hot enough in here already. Have a Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• P1000409a.jpg
    P1000409a.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 116
  • P1000410a.jpg
    P1000410a.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 97
  • P1000411a.jpg
    P1000411a.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P1000412a.jpg
    P1000412a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 101
  • P1000413a.jpg
    P1000413a.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 102

genericname

That's a great use of resources. Going to be doing the same thing myself, minus the road case.

What are you using to stretch the mesh on the width? The photos just show tension on the depth. You don't get any distortion with a jury-rigged setup like that?

reelguitars

I stretch one way and glue, let it set for a while, then do the other side. Very nice and straight when I'm done (unless I overstretch...have to be careful about doing that).