• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Movies called ... Advice, please?

sar bossier

Sssooo - I get a call late Tuesday afternoon, Millenium Studios is filming OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN here in Shreveport/Bossier, and BTW - can you wrap 2 buses by Sunday? They finally gave us the job yesterday - The DC Tour Bus has 2 side panels that are 30" H x 35' L. Should I remove all of the backing paper, and lightly tack this up, or roll it as I go?

What would YOU do? I am using Avery 1005 EZRS, with 1360 Lam, they didn't bother to tell me they were shooting a single scene with it, in front of the White House, and dropping a helo on the Capital, thus blowing the bus up in the process - I didn't have time to get cheaper vinyl - would have used IJ46 unlaminated, but no time to order, since I am installing these 2 buses tomorrow. Took all night to print it all! (nothing like sleeping at the shop)

Any install advise would be appreciated. Will post pics here and on FB when they are done. :thankyou:

ProWraps

hinge it in the middle and install... easy peasy.

at least you used the proper vinyl to be blown up...

sar bossier

hinge it in the middle and install... easy peasy.

at least you used the proper vinyl to be blown up...

HAH!! I would've preferred to use IJ46 UNlammed, but WTH - no time to get it, no one in town sells 3m - hinge a run that long? That's my usual method, I was worried the vinyl would travel - I have about 2" of white bleed, so it should work, yes?

phototec

Some downtown Shreveport steets to close for filming of "Olympus Has Fallen"

Officials say on Monday, July 9th traffic will be interrupted on Texas Street between Marshall and Common streets from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to Midnight.

Traffic will also be interrupted on Tuesday, July 10th from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Cotton Street between Louisiana Avenue and Texas Street and on Common Street between Crockett Street and Fairfield Avenue. Officials say traffic will be closed from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Texas Street between Marshall and McNeill streets, Marshall Street between Texas and Milam Streets, Milam Street between Marshall and McNeill streets and McNeill Street between Milam and Texas streets. Milam Street between Marshall and McNeill streets will also be closed on Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Drivers are advised to avoid these streets during filming by taking alternate routes.

http://moviehole.net/201255283exclusive-clints-got-the-presidential-detail-on-olympus-has-fallen

:smile:

ProWraps

HAH!! I would've preferred to use IJ46 UNlammed, but WTH - no time to get it, no one in town sells 3m - hinge a run that long? That's my usual method, I was worried the vinyl would travel - I have about 2" of white bleed, so it should work, yes?

oh yeah you will be fine. unless its super hot, you should get hardly any stretch with avery.

sar bossier

oh yeah you will be fine. unless its super hot, you should get hardly any stretch with avery.

They rented building space at the state fairgrounds, so at least they will be out of the sun and heat ... yipee for me - I HATE to sweat ... (it must be a girl thing, lol)

sar bossier

Officials say on Monday, July 9th traffic will be interrupted on Texas Street between Marshall and Common streets from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. to Midnight.

Traffic will also be interrupted on Tuesday, July 10th from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Cotton Street between Louisiana Avenue and Texas Street and on Common Street between Crockett Street and Fairfield Avenue. Officials say traffic will be closed from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Texas Street between Marshall and McNeill streets, Marshall Street between Texas and Milam Streets, Milam Street between Marshall and McNeill streets and McNeill Street between Milam and Texas streets. Milam Street between Marshall and McNeill streets will also be closed on Tuesday from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Drivers are advised to avoid these streets during filming by taking alternate routes.

http://moviehole.net/201255283exclusive-clints-got-the-presidential-detail-on-olympus-has-fallen

:smile:

YEPPERS, that be the movie - They built a mock up of the White House in the Century Link parking area, and they are gonna have the "DC Scenic Tours" bus blown up when they drop the helicopter on the White House (I think - according to the peeps I have been working with). FUN FACT: The helo they are gonna drop is the same one they used to film Battle LA, which sat on an overpass above I-20 for a couple of months.

Sticky Signs

Keep one thing in mind. This is film. Totally different than doing real world work. Slap it on. Stand back 10 - 15' and squint your eyes. If it looks good, walk away and call it a day. You may want to know whether or not they're actually blowing up the bus. If not, you (or someone else) may have to remove the graphics after the shoot. If that's the case, I'd use some spray wax over the bus surface to make removal easier and to help avoid peeling up any paint. Especially if the paint isn't factory. Just my 2 cents.
See ya in the movies!

ForgeInc

I'm just curious...since we farm out most of our installs and I'm a lowly designer I have no experience with the process. For these 35' x 30" panels, you are doing them one piece, no vertical seams?

Is it only because the height is so small in this case? What if the height were much bigger, like 30' x 8'. Would you still run horizontally?

sar bossier

I'm just curious...since we farm out most of our installs and I'm a lowly designer I have no experience with the process. For these 35' x 30" panels, you are doing them one piece, no vertical seams?

Is it only because the height is so small in this case? What if the height were much bigger, like 30' x 8'. Would you still run horizontally?

My printer (Roland) has a 52" print surface, so we printed it as a single run, each side. In the case of a run 30' x 8', I would make vertical tiles, each about 44" wide. I couldn't imagine trying to run a horizontal tile, that would be a HOT MESS!! :wink:

ForgeInc

Hmmm. What if you could print 8' wide though. Would you still run horiz in one piece?

Only reason I ask is we have never been asked by our installers to run horizontally, but it would make setup and file prep a lot easier to not have to run a bunch of tiles if we didn't need to.