• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Old Switcheroo

anotherdog

What a week, this is by way of a rant.

So I get a big order from a big corporation that orders from us a couple of times a year. I have a roll of the high gloss banner they have every year in stock and place an order with my supplier for a couple more rolls to complete the urgent-ish order.

I begin printing and get a third of the job done.
The supplier delivers the extra rolls I need, I open them and...

This is not the same banner, not even the same color. I check the name, Yup same name different banner. I need to get this job done so I hop in the car and drive to the supplier (2 hours away). I need to be sure to get the right banner before the weekend.

There is my sales rep with two more rolls ready for me, but it's still not the same banner. Its this blue white stuff.

Apparently the chinese supplier just decided to send a different banner. So my supplier just slapped the old name on these new banners...

Now my customer hangs the new banners with the old, the old cream white with the new blue white? I think not. Yet try as I might I cannot find the old banner. Not even close.

So sweat breaking out on my forehead I trash the banners I printed and begin printing using the blue-white.

By the end of the weekend I have them all printed, cut down and carefully rolled. I drive them down to my finisher to be doubled over and have rod pockets stiched. Today they are delivered. each tightly rolled up with a big elastic band. Only they have also been in a hot garage all day with no Air conditioning.

Yup, I slowly unroll and find all the ink transfered. The whole lot ruined.

This weekend is actually my birthday, and rather than all the fun planned I have to sit by my printer and whine on Signs 101.

Thank you chinese supplier, thank you banner wholesaler and thank you finisher. (except you know I mean another word than "thank" don't you).

Oh, you though I was done?
When I went down to the warehouse I also picked up a load of coroplast for mounting. My customers love the special flat coroplast with flatter ridges. I'm half way through mounting, open the new box and...yes, the warehouse packed the wrong corplast.

Thank you.

Pat Whatley

Call me crazy but couldn't you have just printed a cream white background while you were printing the banners instead of throwing 1/3 of them out?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
C'mon Pat, it's Friday and he feels bad enough going into his birthday. Don't make him feel worse by telling him he could've saved the deal...............

anotherdog

Call me crazy but couldn't you have just printed a cream white background while you were printing the banners instead of throwing 1/3 of them out?

Completely different banner, texture was different, and that fine a dot in yellow (I would have if I could).

I sit here surrounded by enough wasted vinyl to make a circus tent.

:birthday: to me.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Completely different banner, texture was different, and that fine a dot in yellow (I would have if I could).

I sit here surrounded by enough wasted vinyl to make a circus tent.

:birthday: to me.

well, if you're at the circus - hire a clown for your party!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've had those same issues happen to me but not all in the same week....

Happy birthday and have a good weekend.

wayne k
guam usa

visual800

tjhis is happening more and more to us. Switching out the older products for the cheaper quality and then acting like they have no freaking idea what your talking about when you call and complain. There is absolutely nothing we can do about it except dump the distributor and send a message and go one to the next one but im sure about 1 year of that we will run out of distributors.

Suz

Happy Happy Birthday, under your Big Birthday Circus Tent!
Hope all goes well over the weekend and that you have an even bigger party next weekend!

anotherdog

I wish I could make a tent!
Today is another day and being a weekend day, better than yesterday.
I have a good book, a cold drink and a printer.

life is good.