• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Signs101 problems continue

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Other than the painfully slow responses since this new server move... I now can't upload images? Keeps saying the file is too big. I lowered the resolution of the image down to BELOW 1MB and it's still too big. What gives?

WildWestDesigns

Typically on forums there are 2 requirements. Resolution and space taken size. Depending on the format of the image, can change them independently of the other by way of compression.

However, the question that first pops into my mind is how much below 1MB did you go? I have known some forums to limit it below half a MB. I couldn't find anything on the posting requirements here, I seem to recall that there once was a listing of the requirements when actually posting in a thread, but no such feedback now (probably should have that feedback in the modal that says image too big).

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Typically on forums there are 2 requirements. Resolution and space taken size. Depending on the format of the image, can change them independently of the other by way of compression.

However, the question that first pops into my mind is how much below 1MB did you go? I have known some forums to limit it below half a MB. I couldn't find anything on the posting requirements here, I seem to recall that there once was a listing of the requirements when actually posting in a thread, but no such feedback now (probably should have that feedback in the modal that says image too big).

Huh?

I've posted hundreds of images and now it's not working. Can you just try posting an image and see if it works?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
18 inch.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That took 2 seconds.

Everything seems back to normal. Let's give it time. When Fred had it, it took days and even weeks for some things to be ironed out.​

WildWestDesigns

Wow... the limit is 300 KB. Someone lowered it because you used to be able to do a few MB.

View attachment 152682

I've never known it to be a few MBs the entire time that I have been here, but maybe the post limitation is different then say the gallery limitation. I dunno. I think the suggested resolution was also 600 x 600 the last time that I remember seeing the limitation.

Although with a server change happening around the same time, it could actually be the default of the new software and not someone limiting it even further from what you were thinking the original setting was.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Yeah I’ve never had a problem before until the last week or so

biggest grievance for me is every time I open this up on my phone whenever I go into a thread it asks me if I want to open it in safari or tapatalk app

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I could take a photo from my phone and upload it without a problem before. Those photos are about 3MB. Just today I noticed I couldn't do that anymore. It seems the new limit is 300kb which isn't much.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I could take a photo from my phone and upload it without a problem before. Those photos are about 3MB. Just today I noticed I couldn't do that anymore. It seems the new limit is 300kb which isn't much.
Yeah, thats a real PITA. Not many people are gonna want to fiddle around with resizing their pictures. One more nail

WildWestDesigns

Ok, I never used the phone to upload pictures, nor the app that's suggested when getting on here on my phone (of course, since I don't use Android or iPhone, the app wouldn't do much good for me either). That could explain why I wasn't aware of the MBs of size (except, I can't imagine the mobile platform (unless using the app, it goes thru a behind the scenes conversion process) being all that different from the desktop platform).

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ok, I never used the phone to upload pictures, nor the app that's suggested when getting on here on my phone (of course, since I don't use Android or iPhone, the app wouldn't do much good for me either). That could explain why I wasn't aware of the MBs of size (except, I can't imagine the mobile platform (unless using the app, it goes thru a behind the scenes conversion process) being all that different from the desktop platform).

Huh?