• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Vaccine - you going to take it or no?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Slow news day, figured we'd need something to post about.
We have access to the vaccine now. Healthcare workers and oldsters first. I fit into one of these categories so I'm wondering what the consensus is. I normally get all my medical info from sign people (as does everyone).

I passed one of the shot locations set up at a high school on my way to work. The line in was bumper to bumper extending all the way into another village (considered a long line in Guam units). Not planning on making a day of it so I'll wait at least until the lines thin out or I see that people are not being turned into the walking dead.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm in.

But then I trust science, not crackpot conspiracy youtube videos.
I'm thinking that if it really does come with a micro tracker chip having an embedded portable 5G hot spot would not be all bad.

Val47

The people that are so worried about being tracked spend all of their free time posting their wild conspiracy theories on social media. It's pretty ironic.
ooh, fun new thread: your favorite "wild conspiracy theories". Not to defend, but pretend... what if...

Who want's to be the originator? I won't, I'll get banned.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
ooh, fun new thread: your favorite "wild conspiracy theories". Not to defend, but pretend... what if...

Who want's to be the originator? I won't, I'll get banned.
I don't buy into conspiracies. Life is too simple and people too stupid for me to believe this far fetched crap. People here can't figure out why their plotter is cutting crooked yet they know every tidbit of info about how to commit election fraud or how bill gates infiltrated big pharma to implant tracking chips in them? I'm pretty boring, I just like women and beer

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I don't buy into conspiracies. Life is too simple and people too stupid for me to believe this far fetched crap. People here can't figure out why their plotter is cutting crooked yet they know every tidbit of info about how to commit election fraud or how bill gates infiltrated big pharma to implant tracking chips in them? I'm pretty boring, I just like women and beer

Yea, well those women you like are real good at tracking you... There are some I messed around with 10 years ago that still find me.

Val47

Slow news day, figured we'd need something to post about.
We have access to the vaccine now. Healthcare workers and oldsters first. I fit into one of these categories so I'm wondering what the consensus is. I normally get all my medical info from sign people (as does everyone).

I passed one of the shot locations set up at a high school on my way to work. The line in was bumper to bumper extending all the way into another village (considered a long line in Guam units). Not planning on making a day of it so I'll wait at least until the lines thin out or I see that people are not being turned into the walking dead.

On the fence. looking forward... plans to be living closer to my 76 yr old mother. long story.

She is a retired RN, and has full faith in the medical experts and her religious faith. She can't wait to get her chance at the shot.
Me, not likely I'll be in the "need to" category for some time.

Cross that road when I'm there is where I'm at. If you have to, you have to. It will be required for certain occupations, travel etc... that doesn't affect me tho.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to pass on a vaccine for the time being. I kinda view it like the flu shot. I've had the flu twice, and the flu shot twice, same years. Coincidence? I'm not a tin foil hat kinda guy either, I'm just not sure all the hoopla is what it's cracked up to be.

ikarasu

I'll get it, but I'm going to wait. Not because I'm afraid of the vaccine, but because those in charge of administering it are stupid.

Pfizer tested for and said the second dosage should be administered 21 days after the first - They came out again,and stated that it should be administered 21 days after, and they have no data stating if its done after that the vaccine will still be efficient and work,and cautioned countries not to delay the 21 days.

Well... Our PHO in her infinite wisdom said the first dose provides 50% effectiveness, so its better to immunize as many people as possible and then start doing the second dose 35+ days after the first....

So, we have a vaccine that was rushed through regulatory process and tests (I get why), we have a company stating how difficult the vaccine is to keep stable... And how it needs to be done in 21 days... a warning from said company that delaying it past the 21 days is not advised.... but we're still going to do it.

I'd rather not be a Guinea pig and see if delaying it past a month works out. So once there is enough doses to get my second shot on time, I'll go ahead and get the first.... It's not like you can stop wearing a mask or do anything differently just because you got the shot, so I'm in no rush.

It's like when we tell the guy his .25" cut lettering on his vehicle isn't the best idea, and he insists...then we tell him make sure you do not go through a car wash or pressure wash his vehicle...and he says ok, then the next day he comes back with half his letters missing Pissed off saying all he did was wash his truck and the letters fell off, so he wants them replaced under warranty.

I'm all for the fast approval process, and I'm glad Trump pushed it. But it's stupid people that ruin it for everyone and become the reason to why we need years of testing before something gets approved. I hope it doesnt come back and bite them in the ass just because they got a genius idea that immunizing more people is more important than following what we know to work... but if it does, I'm not going to be one of the test subjects who face the consequences!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i think taking the vaccine will be unavoidable. while trump underestimated the dangers of the virus, biden is terrified of it. he only flew twice during his campaign. hr fearedhe had them outfit a custom railroad car, traveling in a mode reminiscent of presidents. hoover, coolidge and grant. (ok that was my swipe at biden, now i will stop!)

the people biden reles on are pushing forsever shutdowns, and ultimately restricting where you can go, UNTIL YOU HAVE THE VACCINE)

i "retired" jan. 2019 (walked awau from a consulting gig with a couple clients, that i was very comfortable with) in order to start my new sign business. HAD I KNOWN WHAT WAS COMING, things would have been different.

because of covid, we basically puttered around thevshop for a year. I KNOW NOW WHAT CABIN FEVER IS!

my governor, NOT AS SMART AS CUOMO, AND EASILY LED, seems like no lockdown scheme will be too extreme for him
On the fence. looking forward... plans to be living closer to my 76 yr old mother. long story.

She is a retired RN, and has full faith in the medical experts and her religious faith. She can't wait to get her chance at the shot.
Me, not likely I'll be in the "need to" category for some time.

Cross that road when I'm there is where I'm at. If you have to, you have to. It will be required for certain occupations, travel etc... that doesn't affect me tho.

its going to get crazy after "regime change"
there may well be access restrictions, based on yhe vaccine
we have worked people into a frenzy for 10 months. hard to turn thatboff now

biden "hung his hat" on trumps underestimation of the virus & seems to have had an inordinate fear of it, himself. that's why so few appearances & so few flights

my state is well on it's way to taking a simple thing (vaccination) and turning it into a generations long struggle, so i will take the damn shot, just to shut them the hell up

two months ago, i humored my personal physician and got a flu shot at walgreens. there were 5 people in front of me. i was there for 2.5 hours. the girl ahesd of me got a "what the hell are you trying to pull, nobody takes that long to getva flu shot" call from her boss

the "pharmacist" overheated the vaccine, then had to figure out how to cool it

so, i look forward to the covid vaccine rollout

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So I guess you don't drive either:dog42:

You most likely know people who died driving
How do these two compare?
One lowers your chance to even catch it by 95% and what do you do for driving? You put your seatbelt on, you have your airbag, abs, esp etc. Every single car produced today is designed to save your life best as they can. It's like taking the vaccine for driving.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Ill take the vaccine as well as my wife & daughter when the time comes. I believe in the science of it and I have a couple people I know who got it...wasnt pretty and still isn't for them.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Ill take the vaccine as well as my wife & daughter when the time comes. I believe in the science of it and I have a couple people I know who got it...wasnt pretty and still isn't for them.

i think it will be almost impossible to do business post-covid unless you have your documentation to show you have had your vaccine.

i think one of the ways they will "beat down" the antivax crowd (i was never one of them, i thought the days when the streets were full of the bodies of people who had died of smallpox was a bummer) is by pressing large companies & employers to REQUIRE the vaccine as a condition for entry into a facility

i will certainly take the vaccine (more because i am tired of THIS WHOLE THING, than that i fear the virus) & i imagine when biden hits us with another shutdown, that will take most of the fight out of those who resist

• Agree
Reactions: Bly