Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The "y" is throwing me off everytime

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by mopar691, Jul 11, 2012.

1. mopar691

mopar691 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    So I cant figure this one out, And on the baseline of the stem (?) the upward curve there, is there a name for this? And I can find nothing close to the y.

I looked at this font on location, said to my self ahhh yes Shawn, I have worked with that before (I often speak to myself in the 3rd person).

But man, scoured and nothing even has that little convex thingy on the stem.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    ITC mixage

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  4. mopar691

mopar691 Member

Sep 15, 2010
    :rock-n-roll: Wow, I got alot to learn to catch up to you all. Thank you so much.

But does that have any name when the base line of the stem is altered like that?

And now looking, I bought ITC Mixage Book a year or so ago, I should of got the whole collection. I will now. But on the thin one I could not see the curve so got overlooked.