• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Thermistor Error for Jv3-160 SP

tint_zone

I cant seem to find where this part is located or no info on how or what to change to get it fixed. any help appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
There are a couple different thermistors on that machine so if it gave you an error number that will help. A thermistor is basically just a digital temperature reader. There are thermistos on the heaters to tell the machine when they reach proper temp and there are thermistors in the print heads that detect shorts and also the ambient temperature in the room. If the head thermistor is failing you want to check the head cables for damage and debris and change if needed. If the cables are fine, the head is most likely dead. If the thermistor on the heaters is failing usually you can just replace it and it's a fairly cheap part. They look like little pieces of metal in a circular shape usually with a couple wires attached and will be adhered to the platen.

Last edited: