• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

These scams are really starting to get annoying!

rydods

Member for quite some time.
1 every other week....

Attachments

• scam.JPG
    scam.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 352

BigCarl

Our response is, "We will need to see the vehicle in person for inspection and payment be done in person, before moving forward."... They seem to not respond back, go figure...lol

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm sick of the constant "update your google listing" and credit card processing fee calls. Some of those credit card people have some clever tricks to getting you to stay on the phone

TimToad

Here is today's gem. Its not exactly a money seeking scam, but we get plenty of those too. That Nigerian oil prince just keeps on trying to give us money.

It didn't trigger my multiple layers of anti-malware or anti-virus protection, but I'm sure if I opened either of the attachments, we'd have trouble.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2018-05-03 at 12.08.06 PM.png
    Screen shot 2018-05-03 at 12.08.06 PM.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 278

equippaint

For all of the time these scammers put into this stuff, youd figure theyd get the basics right.... Like proper english dialect for the country they are scamming. Also not sending this stuff in the middle of the night which is a dead give away.
I think ill start replying with a pitch to be a scammer consultant. They can pay me the princes money they inherited via western union for my services.

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Told him we'll need payment when the vehicle is delivered, cash only. Haven't heard back. I feel like even responding to this crap makes you a target. I know it does for the phone calls I get everyday. They now have the same area code so, of course, I answer and it's frickin' Elizabeth again with the resort rewards center!

tulsagraphics

I'm sick of the constant "update your google listing" and credit card processing fee calls. Some of those credit card people have some clever tricks to getting you to stay on the phone
There's an easy way around that. Set up your own phone system. 3CX software (free version of 3CX supports up to 16 simultaneous calls) which you can host in-house or on a cheap droplet at Digital Ocean. (It will take a week or two for your SysAdmin to get it set up for you,. and to buy a couple of compatible phones. I recommend YeaLink. Windows software and/or phone apps work fine too, but I like hardware-based phones). Enable call queues with music on hold. (sounds very professional by the way). "Please hold on while we connect your call to the sales department". Leave them in queue for 15 seconds BEFORE letting it ring any of your phones and/or use voice prompts (press 2 for sales, etc). Most robo-dialers and spammers will hang up as soon as they hear a recording. This WILL cut down your incoming spam by 99%. Oh, and you can enable automatic call recording. Very handy!!! I set this up a year ago using 3CX + Twilio (I'm a part-time SysAdmin). Works great! And it's the cheapest commercial phone system you'll ever have. I think my bill for all of last year (hosting+voip provider+backups) cost about $15/mo. Been great ever since!

DerbyCitySignGuy

Here is today's gem. Its not exactly a money seeking scam, but we get plenty of those too. That Nigerian oil prince just keeps on trying to give us money.

It didn't trigger my multiple layers of anti-malware or anti-virus protection, but I'm sure if I opened either of the attachments, we'd have trouble.

You'd think they'd at least smart enough to sign an email containing an invoice, BOL, and packing list from somebody besides a marketing manager. You know, like a shipping manager?