• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question They do it all the time.

I just got an email in and I couldn't make heads nor tails out of it at first. It was attached to an email of almost 3 years ago, so the first message read alright but then a series of emails made no sense, then I started to realize it was a job I did like 3 years ago. It took a few minutes to see what was going on. This happens quite often. Does it happen to you guys? I'm not talking about emails from friends or relatives that can go on for zipteen zillion messages but from an old job. A few months ago I had one from about 6 years earlier. Why can't they start a new idea from scratch? Why must it carry on from ancient news?

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I get follow ups on projects that people had dropped and never responded to my proof or request for needed information, in the best case they are seeing they dropped the ball and not requiring me to forward the email the forgot about 6 months ago.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I get that a lot as well. ordering a new job, while responding to correspondence from a month ago. one is not related to the other. It's caused confusion and wasted time more than once.

jimbug72

Duh!!!. It's way to much to ask of someone to save a contact, or copy and paste an email address from an old chain. Why go through all of those extra clicks when you can just click reply. You must be some kind of sadist to expect people to do all of those extra clicks! SHEESH!

CanuckSigns

Yes!! Part of our business is engraving tags for electricians etc. on multiple occasions I have had client place orders by replying to the last order email they sent me and Have actually ended up remaking the previous order of tags by mistake because it's in the email chain!!

It comes down to either laziness, or sending emails from their phone at a job site and trying to do it as quickly as possible.