• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Think about getting into the full color sign business

markosdigital

I wanted to get some advice from the forum. I'm looking at getting into the full color sign & vehicle wraps business. I need some advice on what euipment ( brand names,models #'s, etc) i should be looking at to fullfill my needs.

thanks
Ron:signs101:

PSG

Now That You Are Here...

:Welcome: to :signs101:

Please take a minute to introduce yourself and say hello.

:thankyou:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
First off, realize that your dealing with your potential competitors. sure, people here generally want to help, but when your first post is so general and uneducated your not going to get much help.

as others have suggested, do some research, then ask if certain models might be better than others....

in other words catch a clue

Mikeifg

Work for someone else first. This isn't a get rich overnite or at all business. And realize your going to encounter alot of comp. Pretty much everyone here has paid their dues and made great sacrifices to get their businesses where they are now and with the influx of newbies if your not a really established business that's been around the last 5yrs or longer it's a tough road ahead.

imagep

I wanted to get some advice from the forum. I'm looking at getting into the full color sign & vehicle wraps business. I need some advice on what euipment ( brand names,models #'s, etc) i should be looking at to fullfill my needs.

Are you already in the sign business? What equipment and experiance do you already have?

Tell us more about yourself so that we can help you.

Craig Sjoquist

myself if I were NEW to the business....and thinking this great but ... be asking yourself some serious questions

do you have the training
do you have $50,000
why ..cause alot of people are way ahead already
if no to either.. start with cutting and get training

welcome to a outstanding forum and people

excuse ..intro yourself

TheSnowman

This stuff really got cut throat really quick when we went digital. If I could do it again, I'd have subbed it to the merchant members on this board, and skipped the huge payments and obligations. Sounds like you are just jumping in blind. People aren't going to give you all the answers, especially when we have no information...so like said above, use the search button, and put some time and energy into it...cause it's not as easy as it appears you think it is.

Custom Bob

Sounds like another "I'm going to get Rich Quick, become a Millionare, Vinyl Bandit. I see so many of these people in my area. The good thing is a couple went out of business in the last couple weeks. When does it stop? Make the pain go away!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Sure, but there's a LOT more money to be made with Amway and a whole lot less work :)

Ahh yes, drawing circles. :rolleyes: I think someone here has claimed a copyright on the circle though. :ROFLMAO:

I am constantly amazed however at the number of folks who want to get into wraps without ever having slapped down a few lines of vinyl on a Chevy Express. I guess the attraction is the bigger invoice. We looked at wraps after 25 years in the business and knew it wasn't for us. We'd rather do 10 jobs for $200 each than do one job for $2,000.

Vinylman

thanks
Ron:signs101:

Hi Ron,
I see your 1st post is made at 1:34 a.m..

What's happening? Something on the late night infomercials catch your eye?

BTW: Welcome to Signs 101.

Perhaps you might want to start out with this item

http://www.cricutexpress.com/store....iew=product&crumbTrail=&wp=1&limit=18&offset=

to get yourself ready for the FABULOUS opportunities that await you in the Sign industry.

And once you learn some of the FunDumbMentals, you can add color with these.

Attachments

• Crayons.jpg
    Crayons.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 76