Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

think your Mon AM was bad..?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by lexsigns, Aug 6, 2012.

1. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    I came to the shop to find a nasty word spray painted on my front door!!!
    And obviously it wasnt someone in the biz cuz the lettering suc***s!!!!

Its so bad I can even post the pic!... Dont recall pi**ing anyone off recently

Mature, really mature

Tags:
  2. anotherdog

anotherdog Very Active Member

Sep 6, 2008
    go on... tell us. We are all adults here

3. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Does it start with the letter "C"?

4. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Up your way... it must've been Marlene.......... :Oops:

As for the bad spelling,that doesn't exclude anyone from this crowd..... sheesh !! :ROFLMAO:

5. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

Little gangstas are everywhere!

6. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    yup- you guessed it in nice yellow spray paint... nothing erks me worse than a bad lettering job too...

7. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Sorry to hear that Raychel. Must mean your pricing is just about right :)

8. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    Google "network camera". They record on ANY computer (even at home) and you can watch the shop when you not there. The cool part is, most can be set up to only record moment. Put inside the window facing outside, anything or one that moves, is recorded in the office and at home. Brilliant.

Oh, sorry to hear about "bad word" on your door.

Scott

9. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    ohh good to know Scott! will have to give it a try! Thanks!!

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    It's just someone that was bored. We put a new garage door in the back, and of course since it was in an alley, no one could stand the thought of having something new looking downtown. You know they ran home and got spray paint just to make it "fit in" right after it went up.

11. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Could always insert the letter "O" and have it read, "You can always Count on us"

12. cajun312

cajun312 Active Member

Jun 26, 2005
    Louisiana
    Be glad you aren't in California

A California homeowner is fed up with the city of Sacramento after he was told he could be fined because his home was vandalized.

“I don’t know what I hate the most, those guys that do it or the [city council] members,” he said in frustration.

Javier Rios has had his home vandalized four times in the last six months, according to CBS13, and on each occasion it takes time and money to clean it up.

Now, rather than doubling-down on apprehending the criminals, the city council is saying Rios could be fined $373 “in addition to other related fees” if his property isn’t completely restored ten working days after the attack.

Not only that, the official letter also says “a lien may also be placed against the property for failure to pay all removal costs.”

13. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Sorry to hear about the vandalism Lex.

14. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

"Calendared"? hahaha

Yea you should get some cameras. I got 7 cameras outside, and 3 inside the shop, and 1 in the garage. and recorded on two separate DVRs

15. lexsigns

lexsigns Member

Dec 24, 2007
    Burlington ma
    yup- time for some cameras... good one Bob! your so creative! lol :) no vandalism today...

16. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    nope, sure wasn't me! she's Burlington, MA and I'm near Burlington, VT

if I were to go nuts and do something like that, you'd know as it would be a nice font, a good contrasting color and kerned correctly!

17. cops can't be everywhere, everytime. This law at least makes the homeowner responsible for their home. I'm sure this law was enacted becasue people were just letting things go, which leads to urban decay, which leads to good people moving, which leads to a bad neighborhood.

yea, it sucks you've been vandalized, but clean it up and make sure the next time they do it you take a pipe to there head or a shotgun blast to the face and maybe , just maybe they won't come back....

18. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Exact same thing happening here, there was a story in the paper about a old guy who lives in the rough part of town, his back fence faces an alley, and it gets "tagged" on pretty much a weekly basis, he has always cleaned it up as quickly as he can, but now the city is giving him $300 tickets each time and they "Don't have the resources" to go after the pukes that do it, I think they would rather collect $300 each time than go through the effort of arresting whoever is doing it.

19. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Hang in there...it's kinda hard not to take that kinda stuff personally...and even if someone really did have an issue, it doesn't deserve any amount of attention if they can't express themselves in a civil and respectful way.

JB