• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Thinking About Purchasing The Island Clean Air Duster 2000

-Fusion

Hello!

I have a Roland VG 540 and need to make sure the fume are handled appropriately as I'm currently using the Roland in my home. If anyone has experience with these units it would be great to hear as I only found a little information online.

Thanks!

danno

We have the "Duster 2000 Fume Control" model. We were running 2 HP9000s and it helped alot. We found an alternate source to get the charcoal pellets. We were replacing them about every 6 months.

Phil Swanson

Premium Subscriber
I am running the Roland SP300 at my home. I really haven't had any issues with fumes. I can smell the ink on very large prints like wraps or banners but with the ceiling fan on its not bad and doesn't last long. Its actually a personal preference, I would say to try it for a while and see what you think.

-Fusion

Sounds good. I wanted to make sure there isn't another product out there that's similar/better before I spend 6k on a unit.

FatCat

We bought a used ICA 2000 off another S101 member here last year. We run 2 Mutoh 1624 printers and our print room is only about 400 sq ft. So yeah, it definitely helps. Just looking into changing the carbon filters and will have to wash out the pleated and mesh filters as well. Overall they seem to be well built machines, not sure if I would drop $6k on a new one unless I really needed it - there are used ones floating out there for under $2k on eBay and other places...

-Fusion

I talked with AllerAir today and narrowed down the options. Does anyone on here have one of their systems? I haven't found much information on the AllerAir unit online or anyone who has one. I listed the two im between below.

Clean Island Air Duster 2000
$5.5k Shipped plus free first filter change ($350 value)
CFM: 2000
64lbs of Activated Charcoal

AllerAir Air Rhino
$4.5k Shipped ($620 refill cost)
CFM: 1000
100lbs of Activated Charcoal

102RCR

I'm a little late to the party, but I have a island Air Duster 3000 that I do not use and would let go.