• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thinking of purchasing a roland gx-24 but need feedback.

banos_andres

Currently in search of my first plotter. I am looking to use it for vinyl cutting and heat transfer vinyl. The price for the Roland GX-24 is not bad at all and well within my price range. But i'm wondering if has anyone know of common issue with this type of plotter? Also, is the included software a pain to learn?

visual800

I owned one for a short time. Short because it sucked. Tracking was horrible but others liked them

WildWestDesigns

We have had ours for a few yrs now. No issues what so ever and it does get a good workout. Mainly we use it for applique pieces, cut vinyl and rhinestone templates. More the first two.

As far as Cutstudio, it will drive the plotter, but that's about all that it's worth using it for. Of course, I have 4 other programs that can drive that plotter as well (3 of which would be of interest to you). I have been able to cut directly out of Ai, DRAW, and even Inkscape. Since any one of those 3 are better then CutStudio as far as design goes, I would use one or combination of those to run the plotter. If for some reason you can't cut out of one of those programs, then export as EPS and run it through CutStudio.

S'N'S

Had my GX24 for 6 years without a problem.......set them up properly from the start and they cut beautifully.
I don't use CutStudio (haven't even loaded it on the computer), I'm using Vinyl Master VMX..

Last edited:

rmcginn

Does a 24 inch cutter fit into your business model...? Lot of New & Used equipment options and sometimes a price driven decision now can cost more later.

rcook99

You might want to take a look at the new Graphtec. I believe they now offer a 24" with ARMS which will help you later if you decide to buy a larger format printer. It will allow you to do print and cut decals without a problem. I run a Mutoh 1204 and a Graphtec FC7000-75 which is a 30" cutter and love it. I have only needed a larger cutter once in the last 2 years but am fortunate to have a close friend with a 54" cutter.

OldPaint

I have never owned any other plotters the ROLANDS!!!!! 1993 TILL NOW......never an issue with them. as for tracking.......that is more OPERATOR ERROR THEN PLOTTER.........

BESTBLANKS

Roland GX-24 vinyl cutter and Graphtec CE6000-60

Currently in search of my first plotter. I am looking to use it for vinyl cutting and heat transfer vinyl. The price for the Roland GX-24 is not bad at all and well within my price range. But i'm wondering if has anyone know of common issue with this type of plotter? Also, is the included software a pain to learn?

Hello, perhaps we can help. The Roland GX-24 cutter is a long time standard for most vinyl cutting needs. It's just the right size (24" cutter), speed and cuts most common materials from sign vinyl to heat transfer vinyl, etc. The other good choice is the Graphtec CE6000-60 vinyl cutter. This cutter is also very well made and also has more down force that the Roland GX-24 cutter so you can also cut template material for rhinestone applications, etc.

We are a distributor for both Roland and Graphtec and we have sold thousands of these machines. We not only have these in our showroom for our own testing and demo use but also receive very positive feedback on these from our customers. Both cutters are excellent choices and both are easy to use.

If we can be of any further help please give us a call 888-431-7385 or 954-989-1250

Please see all the Roland and Graphtec cutters here: http://www.bestblanks.com/vinylcutters.html
We also carry everything for these cutters (ie: sign vinyl, accessories and much more) http://www.bestblanks.com/signsupply.html

Thanks for your post!

WildWestDesigns

Hello, perhaps we can help. The Roland GX-24 cutter is a long time standard for most vinyl cutting needs. It's just the right size (24" cutter), speed and cuts most common materials from sign vinyl to heat transfer vinyl, etc. The other good choice is the Graphtec CE6000-60 vinyl cutter. This cutter is also very well made and also has more down force that the Roland GX-24 cutter so you can also cut template material for rhinestone applications, etc.

The GX-24 can handle this as well, unless there is a specific template material that you are talking about. We do use ours for rhinestone apparel applications.