Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant This always bothers me

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by JBurton, Jun 7, 2019.

1. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Flat cut out signs backed up with lexan and push through acrylic signs. You can always tell when the CNC guy cleared the table and scrapped all the cut parts. Usually you want to keep the inside of the O, A, D, etc, so you can finish making the sign face, but every once in a while they get tossed. So then the brilliant CNC guy will run just the inside of the D. But inevitably, the offset gets regenerated the wrong way, causing the inside of the letters to appear oversized. Does anybody else see this all the time?
    inserts.png

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Just plain sloppiness and lack of quality control. Just push it out the door. NEXT !!

3. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    Right, and this is a national chain! How embarrassing! The only thing worse is when they chose to mount them with adhesives and tapes instead of stud mounting, and they slowly start looking downward, until they fall off!

4. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    That looks awful. You would think a restaurant like that would pay attention to those details.

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA

Hahahaaa.... Why ?? Ya ever see half the sh!t they put in the food or forget to take out...... or just plain don't care ??

6. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    I could go for a bacon sandwich right about now.

7. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Cheapest bidder I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. equippaint

equippaint Very Active Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Florida
    I wonder who cared the least in the chain of events.

9. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    I see this all the time.

10. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    My favorite (or least favorite I suppose) is when they switch the top and bottom inserts on a B, or mix the P and the B inserts up.

11. Bobby H

Bobby H Very Active Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Lawton, OK
    At least with push-thru acrylic letters there is some chance the fabricators will get the counters (insides) of the letters placed correctly. Routed letters backed with flat acrylic: it's common to see the counters not placed correctly.

12. JBurton

JBurton Signtologist

Sep 28, 2017
    Arkansas
    You'd think so, but I can't count how many times the cnc guy marked the wrong side, so the studs get welded to the wrong side and painted on the back...
    [​IMG]