• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is a first....

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I got an e-mail from a client wanting a logo printed. I told them a vector file and sometimes PDFs.

They send me a PDF and I open it to find a raster image screenshot of an e-mail with the logo in it.............WTF????..:doh::banghead:

Untitled.jpg

signage

Tex for someone who claims to know so much, I can't believe this would be the fist time, happens many times a week when dealing with new customers!

signage

Hey signage... you jumped into someone's thread and immediately attacked another member and provided no help to the OP. It's quite shameful and immature. :noway:

I've been getting them for at least the past 10yrs. prior to that is was raster renamed as PDF or Created from MSO software!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Tex for someone who claims to know so much, I can't believe this would be the fist time, happens many times a week when dealing with new customers!
Just another reason it must suck being you. BTW, you are quoting me from another thread... I didn't know you followed me so closely on here.

signage

Just another reason it must suck being you.

I'm working on retiring in the next couple of years, don't need to keep working into my late sixes, I don't spend all day on sign forum like you and your cronies do! I have succeeded, will keep someone my more profitable customers, who are also reaching retirement age, and keep supplying them with what they have attempted to move away form me and also came back because many can't produce what they need.

I believe it must suck being you, struggling after your years in this business and past ones..

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm working on retiring in the next couple of years, don't need to keep working into my late sixes, I don't spend all day on sign forum like you and your cronies do! I have succeeded, will keep someone my more profitable customers, who are also reaching retirement age, and keep supplying them with what they have attempted to move away form me and also came back because many can't produce what they need.

I believe it must suck being you, struggling after your years in this business and past ones..
Who's struggling? Sounds like your the one who struggles during the week with your email PDFs. Maybe Robert can help coach you into retirement... he seems to be handling it well. You can both do consulting via zoom.

signage

Who's struggling? Sounds like your the one who struggles during the week with your email PDFs. Maybe Robert can help coach you into retirement... he seems to be handling it well. You can both do consulting via zoom.

Show me were I ever said struggling! You are the one that started the post, it's just part of the business, I just email the cost to recreate and have them sign if they want me to proceed! No problem or struggle just part of doing business! If they leave and go to some one else so be it! You and your cronies don't need to put words in my mouth to justify your spend all day on a sign forum rather that running a business. The original owner of this forum many years ago want to start a professional section and someone not mentioning names was totally against it. Stated he didn't want to give his competition his secrets, see he is still posting weird issues he has from time to time.

signage

This is the same post, I never said I was struggling, you are the one struggling! Just more misinformation from one of the gang/click! They are the ones with little minds and need assistance with reading comprehension.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
:roflmao: all the nonsense aside, have been getting all kindsa files labeled all kindsa ways for quite a long time. It is part of the territory. It's been my practice to try and educate the customer the best I can. If it's a good customer or something which looks promising, I'll make my own screen shot and send them a sample of what their file looks like up close with one of a vector, right next to it. About 9 outta 10 will say..... ohhh, how do I do that ?? Then I explain to them, if they don't have it laying around in the marketing department or the graphics person can't do it, we'll hafta recreate it for them. Generally, that will produce exactly what we need. If not, we have the task of rebuilding/recreating it. Or, they can go somewhere else.

Ease up boys & girls...... it's Sunday morning. Should y'all be fighting already ??

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Settle down ladies, there's plenty of signage to go around.
Most people are pretty clueless about this stuff and don't want to be bothered. Be happy they didn't take a picture of their business card and send it to you, at least the screenshot is nice and square. Unless it's real complex I just remake them which is usually faster than the back and forth emails.
If there's an embroidery forum, I wonder if they routinely bitch about customers sending them vectors when they need a digitized file.

Yeahgor

Born to be The Designer.
Ok. So you guys think the customers are wrong?
How about this.
I did logo design for 25 years and repeatly receiving the messages from production or customers who came back from some production with really weird request, like this I got today morning...

“...Can you please convert the PDF file with logo in to PNG because the T-Shirt guy asking me only PNG...”

Yes I did it by online file converter PDF2PNG in next seconds ...However I still have question:
Why production guy put this duty on customers shoulders? We should tell them some like: “Your file is incompatible with production. To make it works we should make some design manipulations. It will cost you $xx.xx
Done! Customer happy you have paid job!

Happy Sunday!

——
So you have Business? The Next Step do the Branding! We can Help!

gnubler

I got a "screen shot" as well a few weeks back, where the customer literally took a picture of a desktop monitor screen with their new logo on a stock site (one of those sites that has destroyed the graphic design trade). Ask them for an original file and you'll hear something like "Isn't that what I just sent you?" or you'll get a Word doc with a low-res logo placed in it. I gave up trying to educate customers years ago, they don't care and will never understand, so I just fix it whenever possible and move on with the show. Often times using Illustrator's Image Trace or Vector Magic results in a good enough vector, and is faster and easier than explaining it all. That's our job now, unfortunately. Crap in, crap out.

SignEST

I got a "screen shot" as well a few weeks back, where the customer literally took a picture of a desktop monitor screen with their new logo on a stock site (one of those sites that has destroyed the graphic design trade). Ask them for an original file and you'll hear something like "Isn't that what I just sent you?" or you'll get a Word doc with a low-res logo placed in it. I gave up trying to educate customers years ago, they don't care and will never understand, so I just fix it whenever possible and move on with the show. Often times using Illustrator's Image Trace or Vector Magic results in a good enough vector, and is faster and easier than explaining it all. That's our job now, unfortunately. Crap in, crap out.

This is the way. It's 2021 and they will get that image printed/made regardless and it's better if a local shop gets the $ rather than some giant online print store. I have come to understand the general idea of what the customer wants and just make it work. Making too much noise or having excessive back and forth will invite more people into the picture. Then everyone and their mom has their own idea or design input.