• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

This is how I spent my Saturday

theskipman_98

Started at 8 this morning. Did 4 hrs of it yesterday... I'm going home now lol

4 layers, almost an hour to set up the file (still learning)

Attachments

• lat 2.jpg
    lat 2.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 87

Fitch

Great looking so far.

However I would have liked to see the North, South, East, West raised more than the sub points (NW, NE, SE, SW) and each point chamfered on an angle. Would have added just that little more dimension and definately more "excitement" when moving past the image rather than just a raised 2D image.

Cheers - G

Last edited:

theskipman_98

Great looking so far.

However I would have liked to see the North, South, East, West raised more than the sub points (NW, NE, SE, SW) and each point chamfered on an angle. Would have added just that little more dimension and definately more "excitement" when moving past the image rather than just a raised 2D image.

Cheers - G

I have to agree it could use some more depth with angles instead of the steps. This may be the limit to my knowledge at this point. Was trying to figure out how to use a V bit to produce more depth and dimension but just haven't had the time to "play". I wish this router would "carve" as was promised, but it just won't do it, and I may be limited by the basic version of Enroute I have to use.

I would truely appreciate any advice, comments, or points and jeers.

:thankyou: Fitch and GG

Routerguy

Cool looking sign. Next time offset the letters as a group and just run a router offset toolpath at the two top depths then do the island fill for the last depth should eliminate a couple hours of run.

SAS

I think it looks nice but I don't know anything about designing a file for out put to the router.

Cool looking sign. Next time offset the letters as a group and just run a router offset toolpath at the two top depths then do the island fill for the last depth should eliminate a couple hours of run.

I have had a Shopbot for 18 months maybe longer and have never hooked it up. I hope to get time one day to get it running and start to learn more about it. Routerguy after reading your post I have no idea what you are talking about and I see I have alot to learn.

SignManiac

Break your design down to three or more layers before hand. Think background, middle ground, foreground. Don't limit yourself to one sheet/thickness of material. Use multiple materials built up and go for super-dimensional. It sells for more!

Last edited: