• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Those no longer with us...

Bigdawg

Just Me
I was wandering through the stats here on Signs101 and ran across this page (picture below) of the top posters here. Of the top ten... three of them are no longer with us. What a loss for the sign community in general and one that I feel deeply in my heart...

RIP Jesse Hill... you were such a cool dude with great design insight and love of signs. I wish we'd been able to meet in real life, but instead I'll see you on the other side.

RIP Big Al... you were and are one of a kind. A cut vinyl master like no other. A big ole' marshmallow - a little burnt and crispy on the outside with so much soft and gooey goodness on the inside. I miss you my old friend. I know you and the real Bigdawg are up there taking over.

RIP Joe... there truly is no one that will ever bring what you did to our sign community. And the impact you had on so many of us won't soon be forgotten. One lesson learned from you... always be yourself... )))))(((((( ... and CAPS LOCK IS NOT A BAD THING.

Attachments

• Top10Contributors.png
    Top10Contributors.png
    121.6 KB · Views: 219

Marlene

He and I shared the same birthday. Every year a take a minute to remember him :loveya:

when he passed away, I sent a card down to his family and received back a beautiful card with a photo of Dave and his bird. we both had cockatiels and would PM each other about them. we've had some great people on the site and so sad when they pass. Joe was so vocal both here and on facebook and now it seems so silent.

SignosaurusRex

There have been a lot of others as well.

JSCarl was a regular here and involved for a short time in one of the committees we had before passing.

Dynawg was also a regular and became known as the Corn Dog Chef at the first Meet & Greet.

Geary Wooten regularly contributed in matters of Hand Lettering and brush work in all phases. Hell of a straight-up guy and damned fine artist. He dropped out here in order devote full time to his passions for painting Seascapes and opening his gallery as well as playing music with his band and time with his family. He excelled at all before passing last evening.

Geary is the third inside of a month for me.

Bigdawg

Just Me
There have been a lot of others as well.

JSCarl was a regular here and involved for a short time in one of the committees we had before passing.

Dynawg was also a regular and became known as the Corn Dog Chef at the first Meet & Greet.

Geary Wooten regularly contributed in matters of Hand Lettering and brush work in all phases. Hell of a straight-up guy and damned fine artist. He dropped out here in order devote full time to his passions for painting Seascapes and opening his gallery as well as playing music with his band and time with his family. He excelled at all before passing last evening.

Geary is the third inside of a month for me.

This makes me even sadder... I think I knew Jim had passed, but I didn't know about Bob or Geary. All of them were great guys. It's sad to see so many gone, but they all made the world a better place for being here

Bigdawg

Just Me
And Gino just reminded me about Matt Vipond. If you were at the Signs 101 mixer in 2009 you know what an outstanding dude he was.