• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Thought I'd try something a little easier.......................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What would happen, if there were a solar storm and it knocked the entire internet down around the world for a day.... maybe even a second day. What would happen ??

I don't think we can get politics into this one.............. :doh:

C

ColoPrinthead

I dare say people might actually talk to each other, maybe even listen as well!

equippaint

I think our (60Plus) would return to getting things done the "old" way. The younger generation Under 35 would scream Mommy, they can't do this to us".
Haha I dunno about that. I had to get some labwork done yesterday and the waiting room was filled with 70+ yr old people all with their heads buried in their phones. Every last one of them.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Haha I dunno about that. I had to get some labwork done yesterday and the waiting room was filled with 70+ yr old people all with their heads buried in their phones. Every last one of them.

I experienced this a while back at a NHL game. Older couple with front row seats that were too busy scrolling Facebook (with font sizes so jacked that I could clearly read it from a row back) to watch the game.

I personally try to stay away from social media and useless time warps like that as much as I can.

To answer your question Gino, I think the world would explode if people weren't connected for a day. Imagine not being able to get a hold of everyone instantly! Sigh...

FASTSIGNS

Because nothing at work would work without the internet - I would go home. I'd plan to go to the beach, but with navigation down, I might not know the 5 minute drive away. Plus, would traffic lights work? So, I'd sit out at my pool. But then I would want to make a cocktail. I wouldn't know how or what to make because I have pinned all my fav fun drinks. Same with food. I'd miss my young adult/teen children. We would and know how to write letters, but I do love how our phones keep us connected. I'll be ok - I can always open a bottle of wine without the interent!

KY_Graphics_Gal

I think it would be fantastic! My teenager wears me out with his head always stuck in his phone. I would love a couple of days with absolutely no internet connection.

Although, it would be very difficult to do my job without internet. Hmmm.....Yep, I could go for a couple of days off as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
An old rotary phone would be better...... and easier.

I never talked to someone on an old map. ;-)

White Haus

Not a Newbie
get work done
read a physical book
enjoy the "quiet"

Love all 3 of these things. The only time I can get any of these done is by getting up before everyone else....which explains why I'm at the shop by 5:30am most days!

Old Timer

What would happen, if there were a solar storm and it knocked the entire internet down around the world for a day.... maybe even a second day. What would happen ??

I don't think we can get politics into this one.............. :doh:
I would bust out my brushes and paint a sign that says STILL OPEN

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would bust out my brushes and paint a sign that says STILL OPEN

I didn't say Y2K, not like all the electrical things were gonna go outta whack, just a stop to the internet........... but I like the way you think. :thumb:

KMC

Graphic Artist
i would enjoy the much needed down time to re sort and organize the shop while thinking what Gino was doing *imagine him yelling at the kids down the road 'get off my lawn you little punks' lol