• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tiny label / decal for fishing rods

threedog

Just wanted to know what is recommended for tiny fishing rod decals.

I have a customer that wants Gold decals made as the rod builder.

What material do you recommend?

Thanks for the help.
T

threedog

Do you own a printer or are you just fishing?

I have a versacamm vp540. I do a lot of banners and lager decals.

I have not made anything this small, or printed / cut this small.

What material would you recommend ? and size cutting blade?

Thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If its a large quantity than as Visual mentioned, outsource it to a place like Stouse. Otherwise something like an Edge print with a small cutter would be ideal. You "could" print them with your big Roland but use this analogy, sure you can put finishing nails in trim work with a 40lb sledgehammer but is that really the ideal hammer for the job?

GB2

Old Member
I think it would depend a lot on exactly what the artwork looked like. Gerber Edge printing is most likely the best way.

woolly

All depends what you call tiny but you could be surprised how fine it can print.
Also Will it be lacquered over

Bill Modzel

I used to print decals for a buddy who built fly rods. I printed them on the Edge on .001" clear polyester with deluxe gold foil which is a gold/chrome. It's not recommended for exterior use but generally, it gets buried in the clearcoat on the rods and holds up well. . . at least it did on the 9wt gloomis that he gave me for my birthday many years ago.