• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tired of fixing - options for a new platen roller for GS750? Or buy a new machine?

Ragnarok1958

Greetings,

My "old faithful" GS750 caught the dreaded "melting roller" disease a couple years ago, and I had gotten by since then with cleaning off the goo and wrapping some Gerber mask on it. But over time the cutting again became inconsistent, and my latest attempt using a self-adhesive neoprene rubber sheet, while making a "looks good as new" result, still did not completely eliminate the problem. Cuts great in some areas, too deep in others.

I'm afraid I can't keep the 'ol gal going on "quick fixes" anymore. I need to replace the roller. I understand Gerber has a replacement kit. Has anyone here done this, is it worth it or should I bite the bullet and buy a new machine?

:thankyou:
R.

P.S. Second post. Liking what I see here.:thumb: