Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tired of fixing - options for a new platen roller for GS750? Or buy a new machine?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Ragnarok1958, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Ragnarok1958

Ragnarok1958 New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Greetings,

My "old faithful" GS750 caught the dreaded "melting roller" disease a couple years ago, and I had gotten by since then with cleaning off the goo and wrapping some Gerber mask on it. But over time the cutting again became inconsistent, and my latest attempt using a self-adhesive neoprene rubber sheet, while making a "looks good as new" result, still did not completely eliminate the problem. Cuts great in some areas, too deep in others.

I'm afraid I can't keep the 'ol gal going on "quick fixes" anymore. I need to replace the roller. I understand Gerber has a replacement kit. Has anyone here done this, is it worth it or should I bite the bullet and buy a new machine?

:thankyou:
    R.

P.S. Second post. Liking what I see here.:thumb:

Tags:
  2. Jase

Jase Member

Jul 28, 2010
    South Wales
    Have you tried the plotter doctor? I think they sell these?

3. Ragnarok1958

Ragnarok1958 New Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I'll see what he wants for the machine as is, I am considering a new one. Don't really want to hassle with refurbishing.

4. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    I have 2 30" Summas running 30" vinyl right now. Sound of money.