• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

-- To All My Fellow Sign Makers! --

dlndesign

Hello All,
I've been apart of this forum for the past 7 years. I have read, learned and applied. If I was ever in need of a question to be answered, someone was there and I am truly thank all of the help that I have received from this forum. I want to also thank those that I have connected with that have given me the encouragement and motivation to work in the sign and graphics industry.

Now I got a surprise for you, some of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook may already have a clue of what I am about to share with you.

The CMYKthis Podcast is going to air this week. Podcast huh? Well its a different medium to connect over. I like to think of it as a personal radio station where you talk about signs and graphics and the things that matter to you as a sign maker. I want to make this a reality for all of you, because it has been a dream of mine. Now some of you may not go on iTunes, and that is ok, on my website www.cmykthis.com there will be a direct link to the podcast episodes.

On my show I interview professionals and discuss aspects of sign making that do not get as widely shared and talked about as they should. I think all aspects of the sign business should be talked about and shared to everyone willing to listen, so we all can take some information away that will help others grow a thriving sign and graphics business.

This is also when I ask for your help. I am looking for more professionals to interview to dive into topics that go over a wide gamut of related topics. Such as, prepress, inventory management, applications, site surveys, permits, communicating with clients and designers, interviewing, standard operating procedures and so much more. If you know someone who is willing to get on the phone with me, please send me a message, or email me at cmykthis@gmail.com.

Ok, so again the first show is due out this next Friday, March 6 2015. I think it would be a good time to launch because it will give anyone the opportunity to catch a listen to it whenever they want, gotta love the internet.

Also, I would like to use this thread as more of a refinement of ideas that you want to hear about as well, maybe you have someone you want to hear on the show and you have some questions for them, feel free to let me know and I am going to do my best to get them on my show.

Thanks again everyone, and please let me know how you like the show. I want to make it the best experience for all of you.

Once the show does air, I will be adding a link here to this thread to locate it.

attachment.php

Attachments

• EqualsCMYKthis.jpg
    EqualsCMYKthis.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 249

Craig Sjoquist

Sean Star already does this out of Denton Texas Star Studios, Sign Painters Magazine, not sure he has labeled it or not listen to it yet myself since at present my abilities are limited, but I know he has done several shows & has a good backlog & upcoming interviews as well.

I am amazed what is available these days to learn, meet & interact with others with same or different interest.

Yawl got it so lucky PLEASE do not take any of this for granted, none of this was around back 1975 basicly just kinda started & to even hear about it was another story. Sharing of how to's or anything was nearly unheard of much less talking with other sign folk about whatever.

Always makes me wonder was I born to late or to early when I see all that is going on or did, life is to short to take anything for granted.

dlndesign

Hey everyone,
There are 2 new episodes since my last update. I got on the phone with Walter from Phototex and really got some good information on the product. So if you are using phototex now we discuss some good points on the product.

Also, Sergio DeSoto and I got on the line and talked about Marketing, and there are some great insights we discussed on the show.

If you haven't already checked it out, here is the link to find the show on iTunes and a direct link to the show feed.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cmykthis-podcast/id973748727?mt=2

http://cmykthis.libsyn.com/

Enjoy.