• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

To print or not to print?

CavellaDesign

I am currently hand painting these signs and using vinyl as a stencil for the text. This has become very popular and the process I have been using is extremely time consuming. Would I be better off screen printing the text onto this sign? I have vinyl capabilities and a 4 color screen press. I have never used silkscreening on anything but a shirt so I do not know how far off I am. Any recommendations to make this sign more efficiently? Thanks in advance.
il_570xN.483681363_jweb.jpg

painting takes time, but you get a more vintage look which i think goes well with what you are doing. Screening one sign would be just as time consuming. I would assume you don't have a printer, so why not just do cut vinyl if paint is taking too much time. paint the substrate red then do black and white vinyl.

Pat Whatley

If you're doing enough of them to justify the setup by all means screenprint them.

Digital prints have no soul and vinyl lettering looks cheap. Screenprinting isn't a perfect solution but at least it won't look like "stickers" to most people.