• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tony at Gerber

Marlene

I posted that in another thread that I was having issues moving fonts I converted into gsf fonts into my new computer from the old one. I got some nice snarky comments about "goober" "getting me" and am pleased to say that as a long time Gerber software, hardware and product user I still wouldn't trade them for any other out there. I called tech support this morning and about an hour later, I got a call from Tony who solved my issues in a couple of minutes. instead of dropping a dragging like I had done, he had me copy & paste. worked like like a charm and I'm back in business.

Thanks Tony and thanks Gerber for the great service. Gerber software is outstanding, the hardware is trouble free and the vinyl products are also trouble free.

Marlene

I copied all my fonts onto a flash and went in thru windows explorer and dropped them into the Gerber font folder. for some reason, I coudl see them but couldn't access them in composer.

Tony had me go back the the old computer, select all of the fonts and copy them then paste them onto the flash. then he had me go into the new computer, click on the flash in my computer, select all and copy them. then go to start, all programs, Gerber 5.0 and then to Gerber folders, open the fonts folder and paste. it worked.

the fonts you are missing Pat, have you checked the gsf number Gerber gave it in font view? if you converted another font before loading the old one, maybe it has the same number (?)

Lauren

Thanks for posting the solution. Been struggling with this for an hour this morning after trying to paste all my fonts into a couple different folders that seemed logical, but didn't work. If it helps anyone who uses the Windows Explorer instead of the Start menu, the path to the folder on my PC is C:\ProgramData\Gerber\Omega 5.0\Fonts.

OldPaint

and corel is so simple.........IT finds all the fonts on your computer..........and has this other little prgram called BITSTREAM FONT NAVAGATOR(you can d/l it for free)wont see goober fonts........but any TT or adobe font.......

bulldozer

can't say i have had the same experience with gerber. This shop bought the Solara Ion Flatbed when it came out, and it has been nothing but issues.

Baz

Gerber products are great ... When everything is working.

Once a problem arrises then it is more difficult because of their proprietary system.

Nothing against them really. I just like open source.

Marlene

can't say i have had the same experience with gerber. This shop bought the Solara Ion Flatbed when it came out, and it has been nothing but issues.

it wasn't a major issue, just worked differently from when I first loaded them back in my old 'puter that was running 2.6 then it does it 5.0. within a minute it was resolved. been using Gerber hardware/software since the 1980's and have to say I have had no issues at all that weren't something very simple and they have always given great tech support. their hardware works forever. there are still 4B's out there running as good as the day they were bought. we are running a HS 15 Plus that is years old. I've replaced a little donut like piece that broke and Fred posed a how to take apart and clean it so that ixed a dragging issue I had as it was just dirty.

bulldozer

it wasn't a major issue, just worked differently from when I first loaded them back in my old 'puter that was running 2.6 then it does it 5.0. within a minute it was resolved. been using Gerber hardware/software since the 1980's and have to say I have had no issues at all that weren't something very simple and they have always given great tech support. their hardware works forever. there are still 4B's out there running as good as the day they were bought. we are running a HS 15 Plus that is years old. I've replaced a little donut like piece that broke and Fred posed a how to take apart and clean it so that ixed a dragging issue I had as it was just dirty.

they have replaced the entire gantry system 3 times in the past 4 or 5 years (i believe). I have been using it for a year and have had it serviced at least once a month. They discontinued it about 6 months after releasing it and stopped making flatbed printers. Now, we are stuck with a $800/month warranty program that is about to expire and they refuse to renew.

Marlene

that really sucks bulldozer as I remember them just dropping the flatbed fast. it one area that they really screwed people. we haven't had those issues as we have an Edge 2 and that thing works great.

S11930

tony is the man at gerber

gerber fonts can be placed in any drive or directory, same as the library. you have to tell gerbers registry where they live. I have just bought a new computer, i keep my data on a separate hard disk from my program files. All i have to do on the new computer is reload all my programs, update drivers, make sure all my programs gerber, engrave lab, and flexi all play nice with each other. I take my data hard disk from my old computer and put it in the new computer. With a little editing in gerber i find my fonts and library. I do the same with engrave labs fonts and library. The most important lesson is put your data on one hard disk and your programs on another.

Billct2

Gerber misfired with the flatbed, but the Edge and their plotters are some of the best equipment ever made and I still like Omega for sign design.