• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too Busy

bagdaddys

So we run a simple little 1 head machine to do some minimal embroidery as a side biz/time filler to our regular business...more because my mom enjoys it but all the same. I have expanded my line of work into the licensed collegiate logo market....as a part of this our embroidery needs have taken a tremendous leap over what we can actually turn out with our machine.

if there is anyone in the Dallas or Houston area that would like to take on some work please give me a shout. I refuse to turn the work away and I'm scared i might drive moms to an early grave if we get any more busy.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

WildWestDesigns

So we run a simple little 1 head machine to do some minimal embroidery as a side biz/time filler to our regular business...more because my mom enjoys it but all the same. I have expanded my line of work into the licensed collegiate logo market....as a part of this our embroidery needs have taken a tremendous leap over what we can actually turn out with our machine.

if there is anyone in the Dallas or Houston area that would like to take on some work please give me a shout. I refuse to turn the work away and I'm scared i might drive moms to an early grave if we get any more busy.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you

If you are doing licensed logos, make sure that you have the ability to extend that to another shop for this purpose. Nothing will get your license revoked quicker then that.

WildWestDesigns

get a 12 head, you will need it....

I would be inclined to agree with getting a multi-head. I'm just way to leary about losing the license agreement by sending the file to another shop. I don't know of an agreement that you would be able to do that, but it all depends on how it was setup.

If you go with a multi-head, make sure that it has a servo motor. In the older multi-heads, typically 3 head on up, if it has a step motor, the pantograph gets sloppy the further away the head is from the motor. Less maintenance (due to the motor issue mentioned(more likely to get out of time due to sloppiness)) and more consistency on stitch outs (yes, there can be a difference between stitch outs on the very same machine doing the very same design). Boy was I glad when we swapped all to servo motor machines (and that's quite a few).

WildWestDesigns

you might want too even pick up two, or at the very least a couple of 4 heads to supplement both.

That might be over kill without knowing just how much orders are coming in.

One thing with single heads (most of the well known brands anyway) is that you can network them in with other single heads (same brand) and using a laptop, you have your multi-head (without having to worry about the sloppy pantograph movement). Also, if a motor dies or the control panel (those don't go out very often, but they do go out), you still have the ability to disconnect and continue on with something while the other is getting repaired. Also, your ability to have cheaper (and quicker) repair work when something is wrong with the machine is greatly increased.

I only mention this, because you started talking about supplemental machines. I always advocate having at least one single head (if you don't already have one of the smaller 2 head) for the test stitches, hot runs etc. That way you aren't tying up a big machine. Or you can use it to finish up the last couple of a larger run and then put your next big run on the bigger machine. Some single heads actually do have a bigger design field, especially for hats, then even the multi-heads.

bagdaddys

Just looking to outsource the work for the next 12 months until we have the available funds to go purchase a bigger machine. If you know someone pass them along. All of the art work and digitizing is done. Just need some horses to help pull is through.

WildWestDesigns

Just looking to outsource the work for the next 12 months until we have the available funds to go purchase a bigger machine. If you know someone pass them along. All of the art work and digitizing is done. Just need some horses to help pull is through.

Like I said, your biggest deal is if you can either find someone that is already licensed to do that work or if your license allows you to extend that work to another shop (I don't know of any that will allow this, they usually like their files to stay with them or to the people that they send them to that they have a license agreement with). I know of plenty that can do the work around that area, but none of them are licensed to do so.

bagdaddys

Like I said, your biggest deal is if you can either find someone that is already licensed to do that work or if your license allows you to extend that work to another shop (I don't know of any that will allow this, they usually like their files to stay with them or to the people that they send them to that they have a license agreement with). I know of plenty that can do the work around that area, but none of them are licensed to do so.

My license allows for me to outsource. The only condition is that I have to get them set up as an approved manufacturer. It basically just non-disclosure, one of the few simple process involved with being licensed, stating that the artwork I provide will be used ONLY for my product and that they will not attempt to go elsewhere with it.

WildWestDesigns

My license allows for me to outsource. The only condition is that I have to get them set up as an approved manufacturer. It basically just non-disclosure, one of the few simple process involved with being licensed, stating that the artwork I provide will be used ONLY for my product and that they will not attempt to go elsewhere with it.

I just wish John Deere was that simple.

WildWestDesigns

Correct-a-mundo. I will be there soon.....just trying to do it without having to take out a loan. I will get there soon

Go with Barudan when you do get there. A lot more options and abilities then some of the others, even their bridge style single heads can do more then some others multi-head machines.