• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Too cheap to buy media catcher

AUTO-FX

IM SO FRICKIN CHEAP IT'S #@%*&* RIDICULOUS. I WANTED MEDIA CATCHERS FOR MY PLOTTER AND MY PRINTER, BUT I DIDNT WANT TO CUT INTO MY BEER BUDGET, SO I WENT TO WALMART AND BOUGHT CURTAIN RODS AND PLAIN OLE BLACK SHEARS AND VI-OLA, MEDIA CATCHERS FOR 12 BUCKS EACH , YES THAT'S RIGHT, 12 BUCKS ! SEE PICTURE.:beer

Attachments

• buxmont pics 008.jpg
    buxmont pics 008.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 166
  • MEDIA CATCHER.jpg
    MEDIA CATCHER.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 129

Ken1f

Good idea for the cutter, not sure I would use it on the printer. How are you going to keep the print from touching ink to ink on long runs?

AUTO-FX

NICE AVATAR KEN! THE PRINTS IN THE CATCHER ARE OKAY AS LONG AS I DONT LEAVE SIT IN THERE TOO LONG, :thankyou:

R08

That looks exactly like the media catcher on my Mutoh Ultima.

BTW...shouldn't 'partys' be spelled 'parties'? :doh:

sfr table hockey

IM SO FRICKIN CHEAP IT'S #@%*&* RIDICULOUS. I WANTED MEDIA CATCHERS FOR MY PLOTTER AND MY PRINTER, BUT I DIDNT WANT TO CUT INTO MY BEER BUDGET, SO I WENT TO WALMART AND BOUGHT CURTAIN RODS AND PLAIN OLE BLACK SHEARS AND VI-OLA, MEDIA CATCHERS FOR 12 BUCKS EACH , YES THAT'S RIGHT, 12 BUCKS ! SEE PICTURE.:beer

Looks good but if you would have went $8 further you could have built a take up reel.

ProWraps

i posted a thread a while back about a media catcher i made. dont have the energy to find it. but yeah. good on ya. screw paying for one. they are cheap to make. my new fc 8000 came with one or i would have made another one as well.

skittles

I know this is an old thread.... but AUTO-FX - can you tell me how you have the curtain rods configured? Are the front and back just the full rod assemblies and then the sides cut so they are just straight rods? Or did you fit one into the other going all around?

I have a bunch of curtain rods that I found in my basement. The ends where they would hook onto the window frame are kind of mangled though. I'm not sure it it'll work. If I go out and buy new ones, I want to make sure I get the right sizes. Did you have to use pliers at all to get them to fit?

Thanks so much! My big P-Cut didn't come with any kind of media catcher.