• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Top of the morning to you from Byhalia, MS

smhdesigns

Just joined the site a few days ago. ALready I have received vast arrays of knowledge and suggestions. I'm glad I found this site and look forward to extending my knowledge of the industry and adding to my arsenal.

Little about myself
36 years old
14+ years in the business
Started out by wiring back lit signs and neon for a company that had contracts with WALMART, PAPA JOHNS, WALGREENS
After working there for several years they went under
I managed to grab a few magazines from the break room before they closed and seen a few articles about vinyl cutting equipment and how to start a sign business.

June of 2000 I took the plunge bought a ANAgraph AE-60E plotter, Dell PC, Cannon Scanner
I later added a heat press for doing apparel (after I discovered I could cut images to be heat pressed with my cutter)
I was in a small town (that being small minded as well) so nothing outstanding was ever needed and my business prospered well.
I never received any type of training or instructions for using my plotter I was completely self taught. With that being said, I"m positive my methods are probably pretty archaic to most on here. I am eager to learn and build upon that knowledge and I take criticism well. I look forward to learning new methods and any advice given is always appreciated. Well enough about me and my boring life. Time is money in the sign industry, so let's get to it.

SIGN ON!!!!!

smhdesigns

Thank you. I love the little small town atmosphere. I moved here lil over 2 years ago from an even smaller town in southwest TN. My elementary school sweetheart, now my amazing wife, along with better school systems lured me here. GLad I came and hope to run a prospering sign business here.

Happy Signing :)

phototec

:Welcome: to the BEST little Sign Blog around!

Lots of goods folks here and for the most part are very helpful, we have a few bad apples like in every bunch (they will show themselves very soon).

:Welcome: from Texas!!!!