• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toucan Woes

alias1

I am having problems with my Toucan. It gives me a "NEG PRESS PUMP" error when i do an ink load, problem is the system is made up of different parts(air pump, bimor pump, air chamber, regulator and press sense board)

Which 1 do i troubleshoot first. pls help:southafrica:

jhanson

Vacuum leaks are the most common failure that causes negative pressure system errors. If you don't have any starting point (recent changes, parts replaced, etc) you will have to start at the pump and replace connections or tubing one at a time until you hit the subtanks.

If you do have an idea of what changed recently, look around that. A negative pressure gauge is also helpful for diagnosing leaks, since you can hook it up to the line and see if you have a leak before that point or not.

artbot

also get the room deadly quiet and get an auto repair stethoscope. you can hear an air leak and pinpoint it if you get a room quite enough. i mean no computer fans, no hvac, no nothing.