• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Touchless door opener

FASTSIGNS

Not sure what to call these things. Customer looking to purchase large qty. Could make on our router, but it is busy making other things :)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• touchless door opener.jpg
    touchless door opener.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 393

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Paranoid button pushers? Sell them a sticker that says keep your hands out of your mouth and arse instead.
They push buttons, stick it in their pocket with their phone to share the funk. then grab whatever end is sticking up to use it again. Seems pointless.

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a Company local to us selling forearm pull adapters for standard pull/push door handles... I'm waiting for the lawsuit from someone bring their arm when it's 120° out

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Looks like something a crack head would carry.

I use a tissue or paper towel to press buttons, but lately I just wear work gloves when I get out of the car.

rjssigns

OP needs to look into proximity sensors with compatible door latches. Cards, fobs, "keys" can be simple magnetic or RFID. Depends how far the client wants to go with access, tracking, etc...

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Those are all over promotional company ads. Got an email this morning from cnij.com that looked like the one in your photo.

Notarealsignguy

Or teach some of the convenience store folks to set it up for automated acceptance. Sh*t that annoys me to no end.
Agreed. Gas pumps are the worst. Are you a rewards member? Is this a debit card? Would you like a carwash? Do you want a receipt? No no no no no... now enter your zip code.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I thought the liberal paranoia was over. Sub them out to alibaba and save your router bits
I saw these or a very close version on Kickstarter - Don't feed the hype - or if you do, overpriced the hell out of them and get 100% deposit before you touch a job like this.

Yeah I don’t get these, you’re still touching them and then keeping that item on your person?

Think about how much surface area a finger is coming in contact with due to it's ability to form around the button/handle/whatever versus using a rigid object to press/pull it with; it's a fraction as much. Also your skin is moist, germs love moisture.

Last edited:

Notarealsignguy

Think about how much surface area a finger is coming in contact with due to it's ability to form around the button/handle/whatever versus using a rigid object to press/pull it with; it's a fraction as much. Also your skin is moist, germs love moisture.
Interesting observation. This whole virus thing has made me reevaluate my addiction to picking my nose and the down the pants do I really need a shower check. I used to not care about smudging up that elevator button but now I don't want your germs up my nose. Life is tough, where do I buy one of these things?