• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Toxic ink????

design unfolds

Hi everyone. I have been researching replacement ink for Roland VersaCAMM VP-540 a while now. It seems Triangle ink has a good feed back from many people here. I rang up a supplier in UK, and he said the smell of Triangle ink is quite strong ( TOXIC ), need ventilation to use it. He suggested me to use 3rd party ink Cartridge (Mega ink) instead. I am not sure if what he said is true, or he just wants me to buy more expensive ink from him. Do i need ventilation to use Triangle bulk ink system? and does it smell? As i am planning to use in a small office with window. THANKS!

Kemist

Contrary to the belief system on Eco inks, you need ventilation for that too. It might not smell but it doesnt mean its not affecting your body.

From what I know, Triangle ink is no more offensive than Mega ink when it comes to odour.
They are both mild to true solvent and will ultimately smell more but they're not considered to be more harmful.

Mega and Triangle have decent inks and your final prints won't always require lamination like Eco inks. If you're in an office environment you will still notice dry mouth and such when using any of the inks.

I'd check the safety data sheets first and then if you feel assured, go for it.