• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tracking

graphix

I have a rs laminator first time using...question will it hurt laminate to track of substrate will laminate stick to rollers..? Thanks

DigiPrinter

Don't know what you mean by track of substrate but don't laminate the rollers......you'll have a mess trying to get the laminate off of them.

player

You English is not clear, but there should always be something for the laminate to stick to. Either the work you want to laminate, or something like craft paper you put through that is big enough to take up any overhang. With mine, if the laminate is slightly bigger than the work, or the laminate starts to track poorly causing it to overhang the artwork slightly it is OK. If too much of the adhesive side is exposed it can stick to the rollers and ruin everything. I use pieces of backer to start the laminate.

DigiPrinter

Should have said it my previous reply.....go to YouTube. There are videos of how to feed your RS laminator. Also, don't cut the rollers.....

rjssigns

We run rolls of 30# bogus paper for backing. I have it delivered for 40 bucks a roll.(1500') Others recycle the carrier from either laminate or vinyl. I prefer the wider paper we run. Cleaning glue off rollers is not fun.

edgette

If you don't need to laminate all the way to the edge, you can try getting the laminate cut down for you. I always get my 54" material cut down to 52" to eliminate any of the material getting stuck on the rollers if I don't get the vinyl lined up perfectly. I do this because I have to put the vast majority of my material back into my cutter and I didn't want to mess with the craft paper. My dealer really didn't explain or instill confidence in trying to roller the craft paper and vinyl together through my graphtec.

trakers

Interesting. What vendor cuts it down for you? They charge? Do you run into any issues running it through your laminator?

edgette

I buy most of my materials from Sign Outlet Store in Illinois. I do buy some stuff from Fellers too because they are closer, but my laminate comes from signoutlet. They charge me $1 per cut so really insignificant. I've never had an issue with cutting down the material itself. The only time I run into a problem is if the laminate runs over half of my registration mark, the graphtec gets confused. Sometimes I have to carefully cut out the laminate that is on the reg mark for it to read properly.

I really just find it much easier to do it this way then trying to unroll to remove the craft paper, then re-roll to put in the vinyl cutter. I only need to spend $1 and it saves me the hassle and it keeps me from needing to buy and stock craft paper.