• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailer vinyl for 32 foot trailer

Warhog42

What vinyl do you suggest. I have never used cast vinyl. Most of my jobs are short term graphics. Did not know if ultra calendered vinyl would work. Or do I have to use cast

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tomence

Is this a long time or short time job, if short and no ribets than by all means use a good calendered vinyl like Oracal 651 if you are doing spot colors only and if printing than i would go 3m ij35 or 40

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What vinyl do you suggest. I have never used cast vinyl. Most of my jobs are short term graphics. Did not know if ultra calendered vinyl would work. Or do I have to use cast

How long is it going up for? What price are you charging? If you are charging a price, how did you come up with it if you don't know which material to use? Right off the bat, I would say use CAST. If it is fairly short term then you have some other options.

Warhog42

Have not priced yet. Trying to find a vinyl that would be good about 6 years

Gary Wiant

If it goes outside it needs to get cast vinyl only, intermediate vinyl will loose it's colors in a couple years. Also I wouldn't consider 651 or ij35 acceptable for anything that sees the outside.

Christian @ 2CT Media

651 has worked for us on trailers here in Arizona for a long period of time (just redid a job from 2010 with 651, only slight shrinkage).

But I would recommend cast if it has to last!

tomence

Yeah I have some jobs that i did 5-6 years ago using 651 and no problems whatsoever, just little shrinkage but nothing to worry about.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
If it's cut vinyl, you're probably fine using Oracal's 651 line for that length of time. Read Oracal's warranty on the product and come up with your own variant on it- then have the customer sign it so they understand exactly what they're getting.
If it's a print job, use cast.

heyskull

I use 651 as our standard vinyl and it should be well up to that job.
If its print probably use a cast.

But my biggest issue is that customers expectations are completely ridiculous.
I had a client in last week complaining that their vehicle graphics have not stood up that well, On checking this was fitted in 2004!!!!
The vehicle that it was applied to was falling apart and the graphics were the only thing holding it together.

SC