• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer Tape Applicator

bobbiffxx

Help!! I bought these about 18 years ago and one just broke. They where very reasonable but I don't remember where I got them. They move along the length of the table so you can use any size transfer tape.

Attachments

• IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    835.1 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_0411.JPG
    IMG_0411.JPG
    857.9 KB · Views: 257
Sign Mart used to make these from Harbor Freight parts
Harbor freight bar clamp
Plastic Test Plug for Pipe
Longer bolt to apply to bar clamp.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Looks like a clever gadget you could throw together from a couple of bar clamps and some odds and ends. One problem though, how do you make sure that both of the spools are level with each other. Not so easy with bar clamps. Just a wee bit mis-aligned and the application tape roll is not parallel to the table top and you get wrinkles, More better, a Weber style device.

wildside

Why not do something like this? we have had this attached to the end of a table for 10 years. The roll shown is 24" on the bar, just slide on whatever size you want, no worries about moving a clamp back and forth. Super quick and sturdy. That is a fence post by the way.

Attachments

• 20170913_090046.jpg
    20170913_090046.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 155

2B

Why not do something like this? we have had this attached to the end of a table for 10 years. The roll shown is 24" on the bar, just slide on whatever size you want, no worries about moving a clamp back and forth. Super quick and sturdy. That is a fence post by the way.

agree, we have a similar set up, our applicator bar is parallel with the table so when we pull it minimizes the issue of the graphics being lifted by static and also the issue of the angle when close to the transfer roll.

the one change I would make is have a large pipe or a spacer on the roll does not move as much when being pulled

bobbiffxx

Looks like a clever gadget you could throw together from a couple of bar clamps and some odds and ends. One problem though, how do you make sure that both of the spools are level with each other. Not so easy with bar clamps. Just a wee bit mis-aligned and the application tape roll is not parallel to the table top and you get wrinkles, More better, a Weber style device.
No these are really good. They have indentations that are equally the same on both bars so they are always at the same height.