Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer Tape Applicator

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by bobbiffxx, Sep 12, 2017.

1. bobbiffxx

bobbiffxx Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Mead Valley
    Help!! I bought these about 18 years ago and one just broke. They where very reasonable but I don't remember where I got them. They move along the length of the table so you can use any size transfer tape.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    The Corbell Clam.

3. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    You can get them from Sign Mart.

4. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    Sign Mart used to make these from Harbor Freight parts
    Harbor freight bar clamp
    Plastic Test Plug for Pipe
    Longer bolt to apply to bar clamp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    Looks like a clever gadget you could throw together from a couple of bar clamps and some odds and ends. One problem though, how do you make sure that both of the spools are level with each other. Not so easy with bar clamps. Just a wee bit mis-aligned and the application tape roll is not parallel to the table top and you get wrinkles, More better, a Weber style device.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. wildside

wildside Very Active Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Kansas
    Why not do something like this? we have had this attached to the end of a table for 10 years. The roll shown is 24" on the bar, just slide on whatever size you want, no worries about moving a clamp back and forth. Super quick and sturdy. That is a fence post by the way.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2B

2B Moderator Staff Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    agree, we have a similar set up, our applicator bar is parallel with the table so when we pull it minimizes the issue of the graphics being lifted by static and also the issue of the angle when close to the transfer roll.

the one change I would make is have a large pipe or a spacer on the roll does not move as much when being pulled

8. bobbiffxx

bobbiffxx Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Mead Valley
    No these are really good. They have indentations that are equally the same on both bars so they are always at the same height.