• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transfer tape trouble or ?

josh29j

Okay sometimes but not always i will be attempting to apply a vinyl decal.and when i go to peel the transfer tape/decal off from the backing paper the decal does not always stick to the transfer tape..could there not be enough cutting pressure on my cutter?

advsign22

Either you are not applying enough pressure when using a squeegee to apply the tape or your tape is not sticky enough. Nothing to do with the cutter pressure. Now if it was hard to weed, then it would be cutter pressure.
What brand vinyl?
What brand and tack tape?
Ken

SignosaurusRex

Either you are not applying enough pressure when using a squeegee to apply the tape or your tape is not sticky enough. Nothing to do with the cutter pressure. Now if it was hard to weed, then it would be cutter pressure.
What brand vinyl?
What brand and tack tape?
Ken

Better yet......Which vinyl?.....and which trans tape? The combination is important.

p3promotion

and yes, it can be cause if it is cut to deep. If its cut too deep, the vinyl kind of gets pressed into the groove where the blade went through and you will get backing paper stuck to the vinyl when you try and pull the transfer tape up..Don't believe it? set your blade deeper and try...weeding is still easy but makes it a pain. I just had a set of a bunch of sponsor stickers that I used a different brand of material that was thinner and forgot to set the blade depth and I had this same result. So if it is cut too deep and you are using low tac you may have problems...like I did where it won't pull up!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Some vinyl will stick to the backing more than others. Cutting too deep is only one of the causes. I find that if I leave the graphic masked for at least an hour, the graphic will pick up better. Not any one rule will work with all the different combinations of vinyl, transfer tape and humidity.