• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transferring Flexi sign to new computer

149motorsports

Ill be buying a new computer next month and wanted to know if anyone has had to deal with taking flexi off an old computer and installing it on another. Is this a free service sai offers? Any info on how to go about this is appreciated! thanks.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
One generally does not move a package such as Flexi, rather one simply installs it wherever desired. Assuming you have the installation media. If you don't have that you're pretty much SOL. You can't simply copy the pertinent files and folders from one machine to another. Installed packages like this set up registry keys and perhaps other system diddling to some degree or another. All of which is uncopyable. SAi probably would laugh in your face and offer to sell you another copy. Maybe not, call them. All the can do is say no. Which, if past performance is any indicator, they will.

visual800

if you have the dongle and the install disks you will have no issues. If you do not have these 2 things you cannot install from on to the other

WildWestDesigns

Everybody has got you covered on your main question.

I just wanted to mention something, especially when it comes to installation media, as that tends to be what people lose the most as hardware keys are required for day to day operation.

As optical media has a finite life as it is and considering most software isn't still being disseminated, as a whole, in this manner anymore, I would suggest creating ISO backups of what optical media one does have that might still want to try to use. Most current PC OSs (Linux, Windows and Mac (yes, Mac is technically a PC despite what Apple's marketing department would have one believe)) will read ISOs as virtual drives and mount and treat them as such.

This makes it far easier to backup and move, when needed, the "optical media" so it doesn't get lost, broken, and/or corrupted to prevent installation (corruption in this manner will more then likely be during the "burning" process to create the file itself).

I would suggest using burning software compared to archiving software for this method though. Burning software will give you alerts and ask for user input when it comes to potential naming changes and such things that archival software may not and everything has to be "as is" for the method to work. Especially when it comes to naming and file hierarchy structures.

Just something I would strongly suggest. Could always burn that ISO file back to a physical media if needed/desired as well.

ChrisN

If you have a cloud-licensed version of Flexi, you have to remove the license from the computer it is currently on. Then you have to go to saicloud.com and download the license for the new computer. If you have a dongle, all you need is the activation key, and the dongle provides the license.

149motorsports

I guess I should have stated this.
I have flexi cloud (version 10 I believe its called). I upgraded from 6.5 to cloud few years ago and had Bobby (forget his last name fauson??) do all the installs on my current computer. This was done over the internet, no hard disks, keys ect other than my registration number for my product.

jimdtg

I guess I should have stated this.
I have flexi cloud (version 10 I believe its called). I upgraded from 6.5 to cloud few years ago and had Bobby (forget his last name fauson??) do all the installs on my current computer. This was done over the internet, no hard disks, keys ect other than my registration number for my product.

Flexi 10.x is not Cloud, SAi turned their product to Cloud from version 11 and currently 12.

If you don't have hardware key, I guess you're using Softkey license type that activated over internet. In this case, you should call SAi to get support - I don't think you will get much help while your version is old age of supporting at this time so be careful.