• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

TransferRite 6798 Slitting Needed

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We are in need of someone who can slit a 24" single roll of TransferRite 6798 into four-inch and six-inch widths. If you know of a vendor that carries this, and can do the slitting, we'd appreciate a referral.

Or, if you know of someone who can do the slitting if we have it drop shipped to them, that would be greatly appreciated.

We have a special manufacturing process we do (unrelated to sign making), and the 6798 has proven to be the best candidate for the job at hand. A special shout out to Brian Martin at ABI Tape for the numerous samples and assistance in helping us find what we need.

Thanks,

JB

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I was wondering if a knife-edge blade in a table saw might work. I guess either way, I'd be concerned about burning/melting and causing it to stick (and not want to unroll).

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Band saw works well or a large chop saw. Never noticed a problem. We don't do it alot.