• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent Floor Vinyl Suggestions?

GXGraphics

We are new to the whole floor graphics thing, and after a little bit of research, I realized I have no idea what to even look for when it comes to floor vinyl. We had a customer inquire about applying a translucent gray vinyl over an epoxied floor. He will probably put a second coat on and epoxy over the vinyl as well. I cant seem to find anything that would work for this. Does anyone have any recommendations?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If he's going to epoxy over the vinyl, any vinyl will work. Cut vinyl, printed vinyl, you name it.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
so weird question but why the need for translucent vinyl on the floor? unless the floor is lit from the bottom i don't see why

Most likely a design need. For things such as shadows to show through and look vaguely realistic on the floor, you would need translucent so you won't have a white background. Such as the graphic attached.

Attachments

• 35b42152ea3da4d1a9d741704f838511--floor-graphics-optical-illusions.jpg
    35b42152ea3da4d1a9d741704f838511--floor-graphics-optical-illusions.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 157

MikePro

make sure you're CLEAR on what they're actually asking for with transluscent vinyl. Sounds like they want some sort of layering-effect, that allows you to see beneath it... so you're actually looking for a tinted vinyl or printed on clear.

...and pretty much any cast vinyl will allow you to epoxy over it.

GXGraphics

make sure you're CLEAR on what they're actually asking for with transluscent vinyl. Sounds like they want some sort of layering-effect, that allows you to see beneath it... so you're actually looking for a tinted vinyl or printed on clear.

...and pretty much any cast vinyl will allow you to epoxy over it.
Thanks! Yes, that is exactly what he is wanting. Thanks for the help!

MikePro

standard trans. vinyl won't cut it then, as they are still relatively opaque. Avery etchmark sounds legit, but I don't have a colorbook handy to confirm opacity.