• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Translucent Printing on Mutoh Arlon 6500

eddiegoeddie

I need help!
Printing with a 1324X Mutoh using flexi 12.
Media: Arlon DPF 6500 Translucent media.
My Problem: My prints come out to dull not rich enough specially when applied and light up.
Any ideas on how to get the prints to be richer and bright in color when light up?
Thanks Eddie

pjfmeister

in Flexi I think it is called print count - bump it up to 2 and change the interval to 2 or 3 depending on how much color your putting down....

RPM

I believe on the printer it is Multi-Strike. There are a couple ways to set it up to double print. Keeping mind double means packing a lunch sometimes waiting for the job to finish printing.....

unclebun

Use Arlon's 4500G Clear and print it twice... Just make sure if you laminate the top layer, you either do it after both are applied, or laminate both layers. I found out my gfp stretches prints when I laminate them, about 1/8" every 10', but it's enough you'd never get the two to line up.
This^^

Although double printing does make the sign light better, it then looks off during the day. Printing on clear and then mounting your transulcent print over it in registration makes it so the white vinyl is between the two layers of color. Then you get a perfect-appearing sign during the day, and rich, correct colors when illuminated. You'll have to convince your customer it's worth the extra cost, since everybody else will be selling the awful washed-out single prints on calendared sign vinyl (not translucent), at least around here that's what I find.