• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparency problem

ButeSigns

I’ve been through every option in Signlab trying to isolate an image from a jpeg and and print it on a pure white background. I’ve used fluid mask to isolate the but I want from the jpeg which it does beautifully, but when I print this inside a larger white rectangle.... I get a very faint speckled box round the cropped jpeg..which you can just make out on the final print. I tried printing 2 white boxes with a black hairline one in rgb and other in cmyk... both printed with a very faint grey speckle .

Any ideas how to remove this ?

Many thanks

ButeSigns

Any pictures so we can actually see the problem ??
Just got home, I should’ve taken some pics earlier... the speckling is very light... almost invisible, but does stand out when the light hits it in certain directions.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There's always tomorrow. You can see them there, but I can't see them from here, so examples would be nice, specially closeups of the actual problem, then an overall view. Evidently, your background being white, is somehow being picked up as a color and the printer is reproducing what you can't see on the screen. Can you erase the complete background clear area and not give it a white color ??

ButeSigns

There's always tomorrow. You can see them there, but I can't see them from here, so examples would be nice, specially closeups of the actual problem, then an overall view. Evidently, your background being white, is somehow being picked up as a color and the printer is reproducing what you can't see on the screen. Can you erase the complete background clear area and not give it a white color ??
That’s exactly what seems to be happening. The background prints clear if I make the background invisible in signlab, ie no colour allocated to the fill, but the jpeg in the centre has this annoying very light fill up to the edge of the bounding box of the jpeg.

klingsdesigns

I have noticed in signlab where the transparency is will have a square. If that layer is over another object or vector. It will effect the color only where that square is. Super annoying. Did a 8x8 sign and noticed after I laminated and was applying to poly metal. So I would like to know how to fix your problem too for the future.

ButeSigns

657245A8-E6E2-413A-8F14-28E61CC87E65.jpeg
Well feeling refreshed and ready to tackle this problem again ! I’ve attached a photo which if you zoom in on you’ll see the speckled area between the bitmap and the bounding box.

klingsdesigns

Is that printed as a pdf? I have had that happen on some files but it was the actual whole file white printed with that. I as well have 9.1 print and cut. Didn’t know if the 10 fixed that issue.

klingsdesigns

Also what I was describing before I think is more of an issue when I do drop shadows over layers. When I get to shop I will try and see what I did to fix the issue your having.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know your software, but you need to find the tool (like an eraser) and take that stuff out, so it will not print and treat it as clear, not white. White will almost always print some kinda print, although many times, ya can't see it, until it's too late.

klingsdesigns

I just took a look at the one file that I had issues with and I added a white rectangle behind the whole thing and it took that speckle away.

ButeSigns

I don't know your software, but you need to find the tool (like an eraser) and take that stuff out, so it will not print and treat it as clear, not white. White will almost always print some kinda print, although many times, ya can't see it, until it's too late.
Tried that Gino.... when u zoom in to edit the speckles... they are invisible. Even when u use the eraser tool it has no effect

ButeSigns

I just took a look at the one file that I had issues with and I added a white rectangle behind the whole thing and it took that speckle away.
I’ll give that a go just now. It’s so frustrating not being able to do what should be a simple job !!
Nearly ready to jump in the harbour...