• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transparent area doesn't stay transparent when importing to Flexi?

Kemble

Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it is?

I designed an image in photoshop and importing it (.eps) into a template in Flexi.

The template consists of basically 2 layers, a background image (sent to back) and an overlay (sent to front). I want to drop the design between the 2 layers but the area's that are supposed to be transparent in the design are solid white thus covering part of the background image that I want to show through.

How do I get to solid white are to be transparent like it is in photoshop? or is it not possible?

Thanks

Joe Diaz

Certain effects like transparencies, lenses, drop shadows etc... don't transfer over well from certain programs to others. You may need to flatten the image into a raster image, or make the object transparent after you open it in flexi.

cgsigns_jamie

Just the text?
Does it look right in Photoshop?

I'd make sure the resolution was correct in Photoshop before importing into Flexi.
(I personally design at 72-180 DPI at full size)

Kemble

Yeah, looks great in photoshop. Designed at 300 dpi full size. Bring it into Flexi and when printed the edges don't look sharp. Especially when compared to side by side with text created in Flexi. I don't get it.

Jim Doggett

Ahh yeah that works, but I'm losing quality in text, any ideas?

Flatten it, RGB, save as tiff. Always let Photoshop do the bitmap manipulation. It rocks. Then place in Flexi (CorelDRAW, CADlink, whatever) to add vectors, text and cut lines. Always this way, IMO.

Rooster

Why not import the flexi artwork and stick it on a new middle layer in photoshop. Then save as a PDF file and send it to flexi.

Seems like a simpler way of going about it.

thewood

Why not import the flexi artwork and stick it on a new middle layer in photoshop. Then save as a PDF file and send it to flexi.

Seems like a simpler way of going about it.

I was thinking the same thing. I love Flexi, but their support of transparent raster images has always been lacking.