• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transporting a Flatbed?

iprint

Long story short... We purchased a used Arizona 550 XT and are having difficulties getting it relocated. Oce offers a relocation service and have provided us with a quote to do so. We agreed to the quote and started the ball rolling over 2 months ago. Oce will not give us a timeline in which they can get this done and have suggested that we look for an alternative means of getting it transported across country. The frustrating part is that we have previously purchased an Arizona from them and have been a customer for over 5 years.
Anybody out there deal with a reputable insured third-party that could handle at the very least crating a flatbed for cross country shipment that you could recommend?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
That's really poor service from Océ. They have a specific container that suits the Arizona range that has special ramps and mount points for transport.
Letting you move the machine yourself feels like a really bad move. I can't suggest anything unfortunately, as Océ Australia has exceptional service for owners.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
That's really poor service from Océ. They have a specific container that suits the Arizona range that has special ramps and mount points for transport.
Letting you move the machine yourself feels like a really bad move. I can't suggest anything unfortunately, as Océ Australia has exceptional service for owners.
+1 with Australia Oce service.

Are they going to pack it down for you? Since you have an XT, it's a 3 piece machine. Bed splits in 2 and the gantry comes off. The GT is 1 piece, so it's a lot easier.
And they're going to have to install it for you, which means leveling the table, connecting all the lines and adjusting all the print heads. 3-5 day job.
Pack down would be a 1-2 day job.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Oh dear, I missed that it was an XT. It's 5x harder to move than a GT. I would badger Océ to do the move rather than use someone untrained for this move.
It's just not worth the hassle when something inevitably goes wrong. Who ends up being liable then?

iprint

We truly would prefer that Oce do this for us. The problem is that they apparently cannot locate a crate(s) nor give us a timeline in which they can get one.
The printer is currently in Las Vegas and needs to go to Washington DC. We purchased an identical printer brand new from Oce 5 years ago, so we are familiar with the installation process. I would think that considering the fact that we have been a loyal customer for so long that they would treat us a little better. I have found third-parties that could handle the de-installation and re-installation, but nobody seems to want to be reliable for crating & transport. The search continues. Thanks for all of your input.

tcesigns

Thank you for this post. I was considering the purchase of a 365 GT from Ft. Lauderdale, FL and having it shipped and set up in the St. Petersburg FL. area. After reading this I think I'm going to pass on the machine.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Thank you for this post. I was considering the purchase of a 365 GT from Ft. Lauderdale, FL and having it shipped and set up in the St. Petersburg FL. area. After reading this I think I'm going to pass on the machine.
Having a GT moved is 300 time easier than an XT. The whole thing will be packed in 1 crate where the XT takes 3 crates and a whole disassembly and assembly.

ToTo

Professional Support
All my XT‘s I’ve moved without the crate.
The two tables are not a problem at all, and the e-box with gantry can easily be fixed with straps.
There is no need for the crates! Every relocation company can do this.