• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Transporting a L26 Printer-Any advice?

AKProbeGT

My HP L26500 is down and with parts and labor it's going to be over $2,000. I've located a running used machine for $1,500 that is 3 hours away. I'm going to get it tomorrow assuming it's everything it's supposed to be. Are there any official or unofficial precautions that I need to take in transporting it? I have a Ford Transit so it will be well strapped down in that but I didn't know if I needed to secure the head carriage somehow or do anything else to protect the machine. This machine is just to get us printing again as fast as possible till I can research what new printer we want but I don't want to spend the time and money getting this and do something stupid in transport that would damage the machine.

bigben

I can't help. But I'm following this thread. I have the same printer and will move next spring. It would help to have the information. :popcorn:

Dan360

You're supposed to lock the carriage on the 360 which is very similar, so I would think the same is true on the 26500. Though I know people have moved them without doing it and everything was fine.

jimmmi

I moved my 360 more than 2.500 km without any problem. Didn't lock anything. Just plugged in and worked. Just powered off properly for carriage to be at home position and printheads at caps

AKProbeGT

I can't help. But I'm following this thread. I have the same printer and will move next spring. It would help to have the information. :popcorn:

Since I didn't get any information I just powered the machine down properly so all was in place, strapped it down well in my van and I did stick a sweatshirt in beside the printhead carriage just to help keep it from moving. If there is a better way to lock it down as mentioned above I wasn't aware of it. I was going to stuff the whole front of the printer with old sweatshirts but decided against it so I wouldn't mess up the encoder strip. I got the printer back to my shop and after swapping the belt and heads from my old printer this one is working well.

greysquirrel

Secure carriage. If you are not separating from the stand, make sure you put something solid under each legs under pillars to prevent “jackhammer” affect and damaging the legs from road bounce