• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tricks wanted for a 3M - IJ35 - Wall print

Guimb0

I will put a IJ35 with mat over laminate on a drywall this afternoon.
Just to make sure the edge won't falling down after a few day, it's a good idea to put a shot of edge sealer pen.
Or did you have other idea . Thx to everyone !

Last edited:

jsquyr

why are you using IJ 35 on Drywall? make sure to clean the wall of all dust and oils first. I would use a sealer tape after you install the vinyl vs using a pin.

2B

IJ35 is intended other usage, specifically short term smooth surface.
Have you done a test stick to see if the material will stick to this wall?

assuming you are wanting to keep the edges free from a visual adhesive, then you can also look at Primer 94, otherwise you can take a strip of lamination and add it to the edges of the vinyl and seal it too the wall

Guimb0

I use IJ35 only because is inside of an hospital an they want to stick 3 to 5 years.
And IJ35 because is a donation i don't want to spend too much .
But i'm pretty sure it will stick well lol .
But slice of laminate it's a good idea i think !

MikePro

lol, don't edge-seal drywall installations... wasted effort AND potential to make a mess in the form of a "wet" outline around your graphic.
microfiber rag to dry-clean the wall, apply, and use heat gun to give your graphic (especially the perimeter) some lovin' with a felt squeegee.

should last as long as the wall does.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Also, wipe the wall with cloth rags and alcohol. The paint will become a little tacky once you have applied enough, and that helps with adhesion, for any material. But really, I highly advise wall wrap vinyl or Phototex.

Dtay

Ij35

As long as the wall you are installing the IJ 35 to is primed and painted with a nice semigloss top coat that has no anti graffiti additives added it should lie nicely on the wall. I have used a lot of the IJ35 with very few issues. The key to success is how the wall is prepped. The primer 94 is unnecessary.

HulkSmash

You can staple the 4 corners of each panel as well. It helps, and won't be seen. We don't typically do this on drywall, but on Large Barricade wraps.. all day.