• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trim cap problem

what the

Owner/op
I am remaking a new face to an existing cabinet- I cut the face out of 3/16" polycarbonate.
1" jemlit and welded together with liquid weldon- followed up by medium weld-on. I can't even barely move the completed face without hearing cracks- which is the noise of the jemlite removing from polycarbonate- I deluted the back with more weld-on again.
Second time around- Trim cap removes itself off so darn easy with just a small tug -not even bending the face....Weld-on says it is for polycarbonate but is it really? Is acrylic a tighter bond?
Please help!!
Thank you in advance for responding and helping~!

visual800

faces are normally made out of acrylic not polycarb that may be your issue. Weld-on and poly are not nice to each other

Boss Cat

I've had this problem also. Lord adhesive makes an epoxy (can't remember the parts numbers) that is clear and works awesome. I've always used Weld-on for acrylic but it just fell off the poly.

KMC

Graphic Artist
we use Methylene Chloride and weldon 16, all our faces for channel letters are acrylic BUT we do the extremely large channel letters in lexan and use a 2" trim with extra brackets