• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trim that leaves open paths

artbot

Is there any way to trim a very complex set of paths that leaves the trimmed edge open? Corel closes all the paths which is adding unnecessary linear inches to a CNC file that I'm working on.

(...might have just figured it out. by combining all of the paths, then opening up a node connection, it seems to be leaving me some line (non-object) results).

Thanks
AA

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
I don't see this tool in Corel X7, but Illustrator has a "scissor" tool that you can do that with, and it also has a outline tool in the pathfinder tab that will leave open paths. Hope this helps.

jp designs

In X6, i combine them all like you said. Then use the Virtual Segment Delete (located under the Crop tool fly-out) and just break apart when finished.

Or you can select the object you'd wish to leave open, go to Object Properties docker and scroll down to Curve then untick the Close Curve box before trimming.
Might get a little tedious that way for complex things, though.