• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trouble reading Reg mrks FC8000,HP25500, Onxy RIP and Ideas!

blacknbart

Producing art work in Illustrator CS4 and or 5
Producing Reg Marks with the plug in Cutting Master 2 (Graphtec)
Artwork sent to Onyx Rip
Then to HP L25500
Trying to cut with my FC8000 Graphtec.

It seems as though a lot of Graphtec users have this initial problem of the sensor not reading the reg marks correctly. Reads one, two, three or four marks before failing. ( Mark Scan Error!! ) I've even had mine read two reg mark successfully then go on to the third mark only to fall short about an inch or so. It would read the white space then beep with an error. I have had some success with designs printed on matte vinyl with no lam, but the real problem in the glossy vinyl with gloss lam. Hell I need this to run every possible solution possible. Glossy in a staple!! I need some hints, fixes, and or guidance to get me past the hurdle. Here are some questions:
What color black should the reg marks be after I produce them in Cutting Master 2? I see #000000
Can the Onxy rip screw with the color of the regs marks when it passes on to the HP Printer?

Do I need the Onxy new Graphtec FC8000 Cutter Driver for Version 7.3

blacknbart

More questions!!!

I know for a fact my artwork and reg marks match in dimension listed on the Illustrator and the on the printed vinyl. I know the HP L25500 has been calibrated and adjusted to print true. I've also tried scotch tape and adjusting the sensor settings on the FC8000. X=70, Y=80. I recently just updated the firmware, but haven't tried to cut again. I will try soon. If I can get any up to date pointers that would be helpful for me as well anyone else who reads this from now on.

RogueRoller

I have found with my FC7000 and 8000 if my image track more then 1/6 of a inch from front to back. I get a Scan Error. Not sure if you have looked into this or not, but I now have no trouble.

blacknbart

Hmmm How do I check this?

Could be possible. Would I check this by measuring upper left corner to bottom right corner?

StarSign

I have been fighting this for 6 months and finally got a patch that works. I will look back and see if I can find the link.

StarSign

Here is what worked for me. It's been 3 weeks and mine is running like a champ. GOOD LUCK.

Please follow the instructions below please keep in mind you have to be running ONYX
10.1:

1: Close ALL ONYX applications
2: If you have a previous patch uninstall it through windows add remove
3: Download the files located here ftp.onyxgfx.com/techsupport/george/cutterpatch
4: Run the patch_installer_2_8_2012.msi
5: Unzip the OnyxGraphtecFix307.rar
6: Place the Onxcutter.dll into the Onyx10\common directory
7: Place the Graphtec.jar and languages.jar into the Onyx10\lib\cutters directory

Remember these files only work with ONYX 10.1

Border

I remember reading here last week about a similar issue and Prowraps said he changed the sensitivity settings to his so they were both at 70 rather than 70 and 90 and that worked well for his graphtec machine. Not sure where ya find that setting but that's what he suggested if ya look it up.

blacknbart

Sweet !! Ok here's some questions!!

@ Star Sign or to whom it may want to chime in!! I was looking at that link, but wasn't sure it I needed it. ( http://www.graphtecamerica.com/FAQs/onyx.html ) Thanks for confirming. I did do firmware update yesterday, but it looks as though I need to load this Onxy plug-in on my computer in order for the FC8000 to read what the Onyx does to the reg marks correct? So I will do these steps inorder to Print & Cut successfully after loading this Onyx plug-in.

1. Design artwork in Illustrator.
2. Use Cutting Master 2 to provide reg marks
3. Send Reg Mark layer & print layers to Onyx
4. Question: Now do I need to tell Onyx that the print is going to the FC8000 after it rips and is ready to print?
Send to printer.
6. Cut and or Perf the hell of some rad decals!!! Yahoo!

Thanks for the input!!

blacknbart

@ Border!!

I tried several Sensing levels as well tweak some of the other settings, but to no avail. I will try this Onyx plug in and get back to this Thread so other Graphtec owners can find answer that work. Thanks for input.

jasonx

Have you tried sending a cut file from cutting master within Illustrator to determine if its onyx or the machine?

I haven't started using the cut server cut I sent through Illustrator to both my FC8000 and have no problems registering the prints of my latex machines.

blacknbart

I've had some success

Four of my first successes were latex on matte vinyl. It cut them with ease. Then all of a sudden I throw gloss vinyl as well some gloss laminated vinyl and it doesn't read. I really need this machine to read off of glossy vinyl.

Dave Rowland

i do have problems with my fc7000 but we seem to get over it.

we use both cutting master and cut server depending on what work we have to do.

patience is what we find is what is needed

StarSign

Looking back at your post, here is how we do it. I RIP the file in Onyx in the first tab (Printer and Media) on the bottom left is the contour cutter, I select the Graphtec. This adds the marks. Then we cut right out of the cut server in ONYX.

blacknbart

Answers and some questions!

I have tried the scotch tape and it's still doesn't work. Thanks for the input.

@ Star Sign

Let me fill everyone in on how my system works. My Graphtec is located at my house. I do all my design work from home and will be doing all the cutting at home. My place of business is a large format printer which does not have a cutter. I do not know why they do not have a cutter, but this is where I step in and run a side business. They are the ones with the Printer at which they run Onyx as their Ripping software. I also went ahead and loaded the Cutting Master 2 on their computers inorder to set up files for the print & cut application.
In a perfect world if I loaded the Onyx Cutter Driver on to the Onyx ripping software at my work I could run the FC8000 from that computer? So since I my cutter is here at home it seems as though I need to load the Onyx Rip on my computer as well the Cutter Driver to see if my cutter will detects the reg mark effectively. Correct?

C

ColoPrinthead

Scotch tape never worked for me with the FC8000 I use. We have a small shop rag cut and hanging around the carriage and it seems to help.

I called Graphtec with the same issue last week and they called me back within 2-3 hours. They had me update the firmware and readjust the sensitivity levels. I haven't had the problem since, but think they're may have been other factors. I was impressed with their service.

One small thing that you might be overlooking is that the pinch rollers have to be outside of the marks.

Good luck! Let me know how you solve it in case mine acts up again.

CaBOoSE

Scotch tape never worked for me with the FC8000 I use. We have a small shop rag cut and hanging around the carriage and it seems to help.

I called Graphtec with the same issue last week and they called me back within 2-3 hours. They had me update the firmware and readjust the sensitivity levels. I haven't had the problem since, but think they're may have been other factors. I was impressed with their service.

One small thing that you might be overlooking is that the pinch rollers have to be outside of the marks.

Good luck! Let me know how you solve it in case mine acts up again.

I had that problem too when I started, and now I cheat, if my media is 54" I set the far outside roller to 60" and it usually works fine....